|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Quartzsite Zip Code

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Happy Prospector

The Great Sonora Desert

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/10 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am having some mail sent to me General Delivery in Quartzsite, AZ. and I see two zip codes listed-85346 and 85359, which one should I use?

I could not make it to the Post Office today before it closed,as the Annex is only open 11-1. any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er
1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler
2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 (Green-It's your Daddy)
One Tough Kitty Named Bob

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/10 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our address is PO Box XXXX, zip 85346 at the main PO.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/ the Rzr or ACE or a Quad riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Happy Prospector

The Great Sonora Desert

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/10 04:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, That's great Texan, but I will be using General Delivery not a PO Box, and I will be at the annex,so.......................

dons2346

Sioux Falls, SD, formerly of So. CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/10 09:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, there are two post offices in Q. The one downtown is where general delivery goes. If you address your general delivery mail to the wrong one and it does not accept general delivery, it will be sent to the one that does. So, you can use either one and get your mail.

was_butnotnow

Fulltime: Emery, SD

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/10 07:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Use 85346 or call the post office (928) 927-6323 and ask.
The main post office is open till 4 PM. If you go the annex and it is closed drive over to the main office if you have a question.
They did not use the annex for the high snowbird service until most snowbirds had left town and then moved the general delivery to the annex. How strange was that. They had GD at the main office from 10-3 each day. After that 3 PM the rest of us who had paid $50 for a PO Box could get service at the main office counter.
Got a question like OP Happy Prospectorhad all you had to do is a Google search "Quartzsite post office" and it comes up with their phone number. CALL them and ASK. DUH...
We have spent several seasons in Q and the Q post office gets lots of guff but the staff is trying to do the best they can with what they have. The whole USPS is loosing money big time.

* This post was last edited 03/04/10 07:30pm by was_butnotnow *   View edit history

Sharing Travel Journals and Adventures Hitchitch.com

Happy Prospector

The Great Sonora Desert

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/10 07:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks all,I got my answer, 85346.

dons2346, The GD Mail goes to the annex not the PO Downtown and how would I know for sure they would send it to the right one and not sent it back to my mail forwarding service, I am not one to play mail tag.

was buttnotnow, If you would have seen the time of my post, it was7:10pm-PO closed, no one there to answer my call. I was hoping to get a quick answer so my mail could be forwarded as soon as possible.

bjcarpetguy

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/10 10:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Annex Zip Code is 85359, Only the Main Po office and deliverable
mail use the 85346. Hope this helps. Safe travels. bj

Happy Prospector

The Great Sonora Desert

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/10 08:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all, I was over to the annex on Thursday and the lady in the annex said to use 85346............................

elh0146

Sioux Falls, SD

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/10 01:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, for General Delivery in Quartzsite, the Zip Code is 85346...it doesn't make any difference WHICH post office the GD mail is picked up from.

To answer these kinds of questions in the future, you can go to the USPS website, www.usps.com, and click on "Find A Zip Code" at the top left-hand side of the page. In "Address 1," enter GENERAL DELIVERY, then enter the city and the state, and click on "Submit."

If you want to find the telephone number of that post office, go back to the main USPS page and click on "Locate A Post Office" and put in the Zip Code you got in the steps above. Scroll down to "More Info" underneath the correct post office...here you will find the telephone number.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Quartzsite Zip Code
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS