|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> RV Patio Decks

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
dd45529

Nebraska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/10 08:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DH has a wild hair that he would like to build some sort of deck for our fifth. I found this one www.rv-innovations.com He's not sure this is what he wants. Our biggest concern is the cost (plus the pure mechanics of getting it in place etc.) Does anyone have any ideas or remods of a similar type? We both have some physical limitations as do our dogs. Also,the deck needs to be retractable or very easy to assemble. Thanks to javaseuf for the pics and to skipnchar for the smile. kkd

kaykaydee63

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/10 09:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

it would be easier/better to just find one of those Titaniums that have one out the back.
bumpy

NEVERSWEAT7

Bakersfield, Ca. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/10 10:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I build decks, gazebos, lofts and mezzanines for hobby. I use dimensional wood of size. 2x up to 12 x.. then glulams as beams. I know we are not talking huge structures here but what I have seen and what comes to mind is something that is more permanent than mobile. Lag bolting could be an answer. Ramping may be an easier than a stair but with disabilities who puts up and then will take down this patio deck? I have seen a few that looked almost like a full timing in park set-up.

Steel is a completely different subject with the same overall result.

What are you looking for or at?

2010 F-450 King Ranch Loaded. AeroTank 65 gallon auxillary tank/toolbox with timer,
2005 Alpenlite Portofino/ loaded/ 650 watts Kyocera Solar 2800 Watt Magnum Pure sinewave Inverter
Reese 24K Signature Series Fifthwheel Hitch Sig Series 30K Gooseneck

lzasitko

Regina, SK Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/10 11:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have a couple options...

the deck you have the address for slides under the RV and I would think that anyone that sells them could install them. They look like they are made from preserved wood so might be pretty heavy.

Sunrise Decks makes a lightweight portable deck that they say is easy to store and setup. They come in carious sizes and stair configurations but may be a better option to a slide out deck.

RE-EZ Slide out deck is another option though it looks like it drops down so it is about 7-8" above the ground.

javaseuf

California's Gold Coast

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/10 11:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can go HERE to see the construction of the slide-out deck I built for my trailer. It is the second one I built, the first one on another RV I had a few years ago. We built it to make wheel chair access for our daughter easier.
Unlike the one that you referenced, mine is made from steel and Trex composit decking. I estimate the weight at around 250#.
I don't think the wooden one in your link is a good way to go and it looks kind of "home-made" since they used all wood.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/10 02:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would "never" use wood myself for this, use Trex or similar instead. I have two large wooden decks and wish I could afford to rip them out and put Trex down.
bumpy

PrcaCowboy

Cottage Grove, Wis.

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/10 09:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a Sunrise Deck that we bought about 4 years ago. It's tough, sturdy, and easy to put up. We chose to go with the composite resin instead of wood, and we're very glad we did. Sunrise Decks has been great to deal with, and we haven't had any problems with it at all. If we just overnight someplace we don't usually put it up. They say it should take about 25 minutes for set up, well I don't think we've ever done it in that, but then again we do tend to talk to other RVers and have a couple of beverages while we're setting it up.

Hope this helps.

dd45529

Nebraska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/23/10 06:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just wanted to let everyone know that the RV-EZ patio deck company is no longer manufacturing this deck. Said it was due to the bad economy. Big Sigh...now we have to figure it out for ourselves. kkd

dd45529

Nebraska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/10 03:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies. That slide out type looks closer to what he's thinking about. I will be checking out our local dealers to see who might carry this. I'll still welcome any other suggestions. kkd

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> RV Patio Decks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS