RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone spotted the rare, elusive Chalet TS-116 yet?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Anyone spotted the rare, elusive Chalet TS-116 yet?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/10 06:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our ONLY SoCal Chalet dealer hasn't got one in yet! And the 2 in Northern California don't either, and the Chalet guys in AZ didn't even know there was a Chalet Triple Slide Camper! The only Chalet dealer that actually may have one is in Tualatin, OR. And he shows whats "coming in soon!" And one was briefly on CraigsList in Portland but sold in HOURS! $48,000 to $53,000.

Has anyone actually seen or been inside of one of these Chalet Triple-Slide TS 116 Truck Campers in person? When I get my 2011 F450 Diesel dually I may want to set it up so I can add a TC on occasion for REMOTE camping like we used to do with our Pop-up trailer many years ago.

The interior is actually 8' wide, 11' 6" length floor, and 6'6 ceiling and basement storage just like an TT! And the floor of the camper is level with the siderails of the truck bed, and the whole thing weighs 3700 lbs dry. R-20 roof and R-11 wall insulation! A larger sized Lance starts around 3600 lbs dry...before options. And all 3 of the powered slideouts have the brand new Lippert "Total Control 1 system". Lippert new slide system...no cables.

Auto-RV.com pics

In addition to keeping the fiver for semi-fulltiming and longer trips!

I like the fact that it is as roomy as some Class C's, very light weight, all the amenities and just HUGE! I'm excited and anticipating seeing one soon. So excuse my gushing!

And yes I have contacted the Chalet RV Company for more info and a brochure. I'm was beginning to think that Chalet only built the one that's making the RV Show rounds!

Truck Camper Magazine Article...

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

GMCPU53

New Hampshire

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/10 06:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Truck Camper Warehouse in West Chesterfield NH had one in stock a few weeks ago, "AWESOME CAMPER"...... They are open weekends for now as far as I know, might be worth calling first,
Joe

2011 Silverado 3500HD LT4x4 Ext.Cab L/B SRW
2008 S&S Montana Ponderosa 8.5 FBSC

btggraphix

Golden, CO

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/10 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gerrym51 wrote:

more importantly-if you study the 2011 ford f-450 dually
it has less payload capacity than 2011 f350 drw.

i just don't know why. it does have better towing capacity
gerry

From what others have noted here, the F350 payload is based on the maximum of any option sets....which might be gas engine, regular cab whereas the F450 only comes with the diesel and crewcab. A similarly optioned F350 would likely have less than the F450. Of course, to get a real truck you'd want the cab/chassis 450 or 550.

I'd really like to see the new chalet as well. I'm still not sure I could go for the mid-bath like all the triple slide models have, but having the extra space and the rear couch would be awfully nice.

2006 LanceMax 1191 - loaded and well-used
2005 C4500/Kodiak 4x4, GVWR 17,500

gerrym51

unknown

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/10 07:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also have been in the one at truck camper warehouse. its more like luxury rv.

more importantly-if you study the 2011 ford f-450 dually
it has less payload capacity than 2011 f350 drw.

i just don't know why. it does have better towing capacity

gerry

3 tons

CA.

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/10 07:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Count me fortunate, but I've been in two Chalet triples and the new Eagle Cap 1165 triple prototype. Both are very roomy inside, not unlike a small condo! The EC is a full 102" in width. The slide mechanisms are fantastic! Close up, both very worthy contenders.

PM me if you like.

Scott_PDX

Portland oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/10 09:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FWIW - There has been a Chalet Triple slide for sale here in the Portland Craigslist for the last month or so.

1991 Fleetwood Caribou 11', Atwood Remote Electric Jacks, Maxxair, Fast Guns, Alarm by Smith and Wesson!
2001 F-350, 7.3 PowerStroke, 4x4 SRW, Air Lift & Rancho 9000's
2007 North River Seahawk, 18.5', 115/T8 Yammies, Minnkota Terrova & fish slime

av8rds

Princeton, MA

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/10 10:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Saw it at the show in Springfield, MA. I'd buy one if I had the cash, NO question! LOVED it.

'08 Lance 992
'06 X-cab Powerstroke Dually 4x4
'75 Ford Bronco Rockcrawler

billtex

RI

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/10 10:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got passed by a Chalet TS yesterday around the 95S/128 junction. It was being hauled on a Chevy dually by some nut bobbing and weaving about 70 mph thru Boston traffic. I tend to drive pretty conservatively when I am loaded up…this Guy was moving! I did get a pretty good look at the back of this thing…it is huge!

Perhaps it was being moved (delivered) from NH to NY?

Who is the lucky buyer?

Bill

2006 Chevy D/A CC
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

TwoMaineiacs

Near Freeport, Maine

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/10 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been in the Chalet triple slide both at the Springfield RV show and up at Truck Camper Warehouse. Bill told us he's sold two already and had a third one ready to go. It is a beautifully appointed TC but too big for what we want to do - real back roads, etc. He'll probably get in the new Chalet double slide when it gets manufactured also. We really liked the slide mechanics on the Chalet.

2011 Chalet Double Slide on a 2013 F-450 Diesel DRW
On the Road Again from Rural Maine
Our travel blog with photos

Longhaultransport

Solway, Tn.

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/10 01:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you can't find a Chalet, Eagle Cap now makes a triple slide....

2010 Eagle Cap 1165

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Anyone spotted the rare, elusive Chalet TS-116 yet?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS