RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Outfitter Trip Report: Overland Expo 2010

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Outfitter Trip Report: Overland Expo 2010

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
btggraphix

Golden, CO

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/10 08:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I missed it last year too - I'd really like to go to one....but we made plans this year for a trip to Moab before I saw the date for the ExPo. I think by next year the Eco-Roamer will be somewhere on a different continent and I'll have missed my chance to meet him. We've exchanged info before and he told me us big Amercian trucks guys have to stick together since so many of these expo rigs are on Euro chassis. I'd also like to meet Doug Hackney (he was there last year but not sure if he made it this year. In any case, I'm glad you made it and sent a report.

I like the Mutha Trucka with the garage....that's more or less what I envision as the ultimate full-time rig (but the camper box needs to come off!) Is that a Freightliner chassis? Was UniCat Americas there this year? They were last year.

Maybe Lance should get the idea that Outfitter seems to have done with you and send me next year Cheap advertising.... My camper has been 'overlanding' but not me!

Anyway, thanks for the report. Can't say I didn't have a great time on our trip, but I would have enjoyed being at the ExPo. Too bad it's held so far south!

2006 LanceMax 1191 - loaded and well-used
2005 C4500/Kodiak 4x4, GVWR 17,500

jmtandem

western nevada

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/10 08:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wazoo,

You just raised the bar again that I didn't think could go higher. What a wonderful setting for seeing all the serious offroading RVing stuff. There is just nothing like a deuce and a half to be able to stay under GVWR, GAWR and having 10 wheels down for carrying a camper, huh?

'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.
'09 299bhs Tango.

Steve_in_29

29 Palms (SEMPER FI), CA 92277

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/10 09:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the pics and info. I had planned to attend this year but alas work schedules and finances put the kibosh on it.

2007 F350,SC,LB,4x4,6.0/Auto,35" tires,16.5 Warn,Buckstop bumpers
2007 Outfitter Apex9.5,270W solar,SolarBoost2000e,2 H2K's,2KW inverter,2 20lb LP on slide out tray,4 Lifeline AGM bats,Tundra fridge
95 Bounder 28' ClassA sold
91 Jamboree 21' ClassC sold

Geewizard

Eastern Washington. Former Alaskan.

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/10 09:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! I had no idea such a gathering existed. We get so little news up here in the Frozen North, you know.

I'll definitely have to go to this event some day.

Thanks for the story, Wazoo!

Outfitter Apex 8
Toyota Tundra Double Cab

Mt Robson, Canada 2004

btggraphix

Golden, CO

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/10 08:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Whazoo, never mind on the mutha-trucka question, I realized from your pics it's a rig from globalxpedition vehicles in Missouri. See more here: Freightliner M2 expo rig

Pretty cool!

RicJones

So. Cal.

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/10 09:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW!!! What great rigs and pictures!!!!! You must have been like a kid in a candy store! Amazing rigs.

Reddog1

El Dorado, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/10 10:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

silversand wrote:

Whaz:

You've done it again! You've given every truck camper manufacturer at the show equal billing in photos in this thread; you've opened up a world that perhaps only 1 in 5000 truck camper owners know of; you've given many, many newbies here new camping options never before shown in a comprehensive and prolific "tour" of an extraordinary event!

Kudos to you! And thanks to all your extraordinary hard work and TIME you've put into this production, that I hope will be repeated next year! Brilliant journalism.

I'll give this Post a special category in Trip Reports.

Sand & Dunes
Well stated and certainly deserved. I absolutely agree, and can think of nothing to add.

Wayne

Tiger4x4RV

San Diego County, California

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/10 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What, no Tigers? Great report though, showing something for almost everyone.

2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

trails2004

Outside

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/10 12:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whazoo wrote:

........Ah, trails, I knew I'd pull you out with that one. And yes, the whistles are free.......

Whaz- I'm thinking this whistle is very similar to cement overshoes- or works very similar

I think I will pass- unless you throw in a secret de-coder ring

* This post was edited 04/30/10 12:11pm by trails2004 *

sstan

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/10 10:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dave,

Well done report. The Expo was a great show. We really enjoyed meeting you and spending some time together. I'm glad you took the time to share your pictures and comments with the forum. I'm planning on making this an annual trip to Arizona. The dates for 2011 have already been announced, April 1-3.

Steve

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Outfitter Trip Report: Overland Expo 2010
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS