|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> 2011 Jayco Seneca

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
titleman

Jacksonville

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/10 04:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was recently admiring the 2010 Senecas at a jayco dealers lot and was told by a salesman that the 2011s would be on a new chassis and would have a base price of 15-20 bucks higher that the 10s. At the time I just did not ask for more details, but would like to hear from you guys what you may have heard about these 2011 units. I have seen this discussed somewhere here on the forum previously, but was not really interested at the time. Can you clue me in as to what you have heard about the chassis, engine and transmissions? Thanks a bunch

Titleman & Pat
2013 Artic Fox 29-5T
2012 GMC 3500 Duramax

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/10 06:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since the Kodiak is dead, rumor is rampant as to what Jayco is going to replace it with. Currently the Chevy Kodiak chassis was rated at 22,000 lb GVWR, so it would have to meet or exceed that. Maybe a Freightliner or International DuraStar 4400 Cab low profile chassis...?

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

ronfisherman

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/17/10 03:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Latest I heard was that they are going to be using a Freightliner M2 Chassis. Should be a nice offering.
Gulf Stream still offers a Super C on the International Chassis.

2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A
TST tire pressure monitor system
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad
Kodiak Chassis Class C Forum

GrumpyandGrandma

CIncinnati, OH

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/10 07:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ronfisherman wrote:

Latest I heard was that they are going to be using a Freightliner M2 Chassis. Should be a nice offering.

Ron, that's just the opposite of what I heard from someone on the Jayco Dealer council. He said probably International. Should be interesting to see what they actually use.

Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!

ronfisherman

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/17/10 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GrumpyandGrandma wrote:

ronfisherman wrote:

Ron, that's just the opposite of what I heard from someone on the Jayco Dealer council. He said probably International. Should be interesting to see what they actually use.

We are having a tour at the Jayco plant during our Kodiak Chassis rally. Should have the information then.

GrumpyandGrandma

CIncinnati, OH

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/10 11:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ronfisherman wrote:

We are having a tour at the Jayco plant during our Kodiak Chassis rally. Should have the information then.

Forgot about that!

Land Yacht CDR

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/10 06:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ronfisherman wrote:

We just picked up our 2010 Embark from the factory. I was told that it wouldn't be the Freightliner M2 because the Embark uses it and it would drive the price to high.

The Land Yacht "It's Never too Late"
www.loricole.com
USN (Ret) LDO
"Fair winds and following Seas"
Lori, Steve & Maya
2010 Jayco Embark

Nedra

New Mexico

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/10 04:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Land Yacht CDR wrote:

ronfisherman wrote:

We just picked up our 2010 Embark from the factory. I was told that it wouldn't be the Freightliner M2 because the Embark uses it and it would drive the price to high.

We were told the same thing at the FMCA rally and by the dealer we bought our coach from.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Nedra

Alan & Nedra
Allie (Golden Retriever)
Shadow (Golden/Lab mix)
2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
2009 Ford Flex toad

1cowboy

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/10 05:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just bought 2010 Jayco Seneca w/Dmax 6.6L & Allison 1000 trans. Haven't had opportunity to take it for shakedown cruise (and to get acclimated to newer/bigger/more gadgeted RV). But salesman gave us all the malarkey about the "deal" (actually we did do pretty well we think) because Jayco was going to have "new" diesel that required used of low sulphur fuel only and it would cost several thousand more. Huh? They've had THAT engine for some time. My neighbor who bought HR 40' Class A got the same pitch from same salesman 2 years ago! Bottom line: Vehicle salesmen are the same whether buying RV, car, truck or front loader: They tell you what you want to hear. And as others have noted, rumors abound in the vehicle industry all the time. Another bottom line: Find something you like & can afford, do some research on reliability (NO RV is road ready, be prepared to return to dealer for rinky dink adjustments) check with others on their experiences, make the best deal you can and enjoy the ride!

Don McL

Montana

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/10 02:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the winner is ronfisherman !!!

don

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> 2011 Jayco Seneca
Search:   Advanced Search