|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Need t.v. wall mount for Roadtrek

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Ondaroadagain

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/10 01:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We picked up a t.v. wall mount hardware kit at Walmart, but the arm is not long enough to swing the t.v. all the way around the cupboard so it can be viewed while sitting in the captain's chairs. What brand (and where is it sold) have you installed and did it work for you? Thanks.

2004 Roadtrek 190P

Hallibagger

Picton, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/10 02:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought the articulated arm model mount from Walmart to mount our 15" TV.

15" was the max size that I could fold flat to the wall and still have it fit around the edge of the cabinet so that we could view it from the front seats.

Mine is an 89 RT 190 V and the cabinet dimensions in the later models may differ.

Ondaroadagain

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/10 03:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our t.v. is 19" - a gift, so can't be returned. Hope we can find an arm that works! Right now, we lay it on a pad on the bottom shelf of the cupboard by the sink (with dishes on the upper shelves.) It's a bit unhandy to watch as we have to take it out, fold the stand down, and sit it on a little table in the aisle. It can be done, of course, and is good to have for weather reports and news at least. It has a built-in DVD player, too, so we can watch movies, etc. even if we don't have a t.v. signal.

PCarnathan

Menifee, CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/10 04:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm using an articulated mount from Mounts and More. I used two of them in our old Toyhauler. The televisions are cheap LCDs that run on 12 volts - From Walmart!

I'm using one mount and TV in the 1999 RoadTrek 190 Popular. It can swing around to the rear bed or be viewed from the captain's chairs.

Getting rid of the old-school television/DVD combo in the TV nook added a great deal of storage space to the rig.

Pat in Menifee, CA
www.patcarnathan.com

Ondaroadagain

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/10 05:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi, Pat - Thanks so much for the tip on Mounts and More! I've been looking on the site and there are a couple that have long articulating arms and one ought to work for us. We won't have time before our trip to order one, but will check into them as soon as we return. Looks like I can have it sent to Walmart with no shipping, too.

BTW, we were thrilled to get a brand-new digital flat screen t.v. with a built-in DVD player!! We use it more for DVD's than t.v., but you don't see them everywhere. Can't imagine why, because it takes up just the tiny space of a flat screen with no separate box. Perfect for a Roadtrek!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Need t.v. wall mount for Roadtrek
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS