|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> USAA Insurance for 5th Wheel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Leno

Magnolia, Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/10 06:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just switched to USAA for our truck a few months ago. We currently have Progressive for the 5th wheel. When I looked on the USAA site to see if we could get a quote for the 5th wheel, it looks like they are covered by Progressive. Would it be worth it to switch if its with the same company? I will call them but thought I may get some insight here first..

duane124

planet erth

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/10 06:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

has had USAA insurance(and other services) for over 20 yrs...

combining policies under the same umbrella is always a good thing....

phone call for a quote is free

kydale

Louisville, KY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/10 06:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think it is time to review all my insurance starting with the 5th wheel coverage. I'm going to compare all my coverage with State Farm with some other companys. Everyone that responded to the other similar topic that has State Farm seemed to be happy with it and that surprised me. I'm don't know anthing about USAA, but I am going to do some shopping around. I feel like I spend a ton of money on insurance.

hyattjlbb

Minot, ND

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/10 07:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had our campers through USAA for about 10 years now and you know, I haven't noticed if is Progressive or not. But then I don't pay the bills, that's the DW's department. However, we blew a tire just this last Friday and did a lot of damage to the 5vr, put the claim in online for USAA on Monday, agent called yesterday, and appraiser comes tomorrow. They do outsource the appraisal guy, at least up here, he is contracted to appraise claims for them.

Edit after talking to DW:
IF the 5vr is progressive, she said she didn't think so but she only pays one bill to USAA for home, auto and 5vr. BUT- My son has a scooter and when we tried to insure it with USAA we were moved to progressive as USAA does not handle "motorcycle" accounts.

* This post was edited 09/01/10 07:36pm by hyattjlbb *

2011 Jayco Eagle 365BHS
2009 Chevy Silverado CC SRW 3500HD, Max & Alli
Beautiful Wife of only 19 Years
Boy - 16yrs, thinks he's 20
Boy - 9yrs

helperzack

Florida - Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/10 07:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recently phoned USAA to check on a policy for our motor home. After they took all of my info and "verified" it all, they transferred me to "Progressive", who writes their motor home insurance.

I currently have Progressive so I asked and was told that there would be no difference. So, I stayed with what I have after checking several other companies who could not beat the Progressive rates for the same coverage.

Coachmen Mirada 310DS named "The Corporate Headquarters."
When camping I just tell clients that I am working at "Corporate Headquarters"

Klueck

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/10 06:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You won't find a better company than USAA if you ever have a claim. They are consistently #1 in claims satisfaction, which is important if you ever have a claim

Theutzigs

Arbutus, MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/10 08:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I dont know their rhyme or reason. We have USAA for our home, auto and Fifth Wheel. Our boat was farmed out to Progressive. I do have to say, we have been very pleased with the service from USAA.

Short story. I was rushing getting everything ready to leave for a trip. I was inside the trailer holding the bunk room door closed and used the remote to close the slide. I accidentily hit extend on the remote, rather than retract. The slideout hit our outside shed causing a ripple and dent in the slide alluminum. Took it to the dealer to get an estimate when ohter warranty work was being done.. $720.00 OUCH.. Told dealer it would have to wait.. She asked about insurance. I told her I dont think it would be covered.. She said call, most will cover. Well, it is covered.. USAA had the whold claim covered in less than a week.

We have been very pleased with Usaa...

Tim, Colleen, Timmy and Nicholas
2009 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
Keystone Cougar 293SAB

danny5002

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/10 08:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kydale wrote:

I think it is time to review all my insurance starting with the 5th wheel coverage. I'm going to compare all my coverage with State Farm with some other companys. Everyone that responded to the other similar topic that has State Farm seemed to be happy with it and that surprised me. I'm don't know anthing about USAA, but I am going to do some shopping around. I feel like I spend a ton of money on insurance.

I have state farm for a 2005 Durango RK275 and it costs me $555 per year. How does that compare to others?

Chevy 2500HD w/6.0L
28 Ft Durango Fifth Wheel

Our trip pictures at RVTreasure.com

pigman1

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/10 08:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know about 5th wheels, but USAA stopped writing Class A insurance about 3 years ago. They send you to Progressive. I have been moderately pleased with Progressive, but some of their procedures don't make any sense and they don't understand the problem. I had to ride around on an out of date insurance card for 3 months because we weren't home and they couldn't mail the card to any place but home. The temp card available on the Internet was only good for 30 days and Delaware law requires a card that is not faxed or downloaded. After getting home I found 4 cards in the mail. It took them 1 month to change the renewal date on my policy and NUMEROUS calls. In addition they tried to raise my rates about 30% until I *****ed, then they backed off.

John

Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
BlueOx Aventa LX Tow Bar
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

Scarface56

Appleton, Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/10 07:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been insured with USAA for 44 years. We have all our toys insured by them. We had a deer run into the side of our fiver a couple months ago and USAA took care of us again. They are a top rate company.

Me & DW
08 GMC 3500 SLT 4x4 DRW Diesel
Pioneer AVIC D3 GPS Nav/Stereo/backup camera
2011 245RL Keystone Laredo
Scooter Buddy 125
17.5 Crestliner Boat

For those of us who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know. SEMPER FI

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> USAA Insurance for 5th Wheel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS