RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Trailers Under 4000 lbs.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Trailers Under 4000 lbs.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Carter13

Ridgefield, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/02/10 09:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and I currently own a NL 811 that I haul with my F350.
We are looking at selling the NL and getting a new small trailer under 4000 lbs dry weight to tow with her 2010 Nissan Xterra.
I will be hauling our ski boat with my truck and her following with the trailer during the summer when we camp.
I have just started searching but figured some of you could lead me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Carter

PapPappy

Wilmington, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/02/10 10:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most mfgrs make "lite" trailers that would fit your needs. I would recommend checking out some local dealers or an RV show, to see how the floorplans work for you.
Of course, don't listen to what the dealers tells you the SUV will tow.....after all, you do want to be safe out there, especially with DW driving it.

Also, keep in mind that "Dry Weight" isn't what you'll be towing, so make sure that the TV will handle the full load.

Have you considered a TC for the F-350? You could still tow the boat, and have the camper right on the back with you, so you could travel together, and not have to bring her SUV.

Happy Camping

Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008 FMCA# F407293
The Pets

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/10 10:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Trail Manor trailers. The King of light weight travel trailers, 4 solid walls and roof, low profile when towing, and a number of floor plans with walk around king or queen beds. Not a claustrophobic trailer! The Trail Manor has hard sides, folds down to cut down on wind resistence for better towing, more stability and superior milege!

No canvas, has roomy interiors, Thetford 12 volt Cassette Toilet and a full sized Queen OR King beds, lengths from 26' and 2673 GVWR (19' closed!) to 33' and 3500 lbs GVWR (26' when closed!) when opened for camping. No slideouts, but roomy floorplans with huge windows! 6 gallon DSI Propane Electric water heater, A/C, full time dinette and even a swivel chair on some models, propane furnace, Awning, roomy bathroom with sink and shower, sofa, and all the ammenities you'd expect, refig, microwave, carpet and tile, tinted glass, well insulated walls and roof so your A/C cools better in hot weather, and your furnace keeps you toasty in the cold.

Best of all, even the largest weighs only 3500 dry! Ultra light weight weight, but very well made, sturdy and a loyal core of happy owners. Designed and engineered by a PHd in Engineering in 1983. Light weight laminated construction before anyone else had it! And did I mention ROOMY! And they can be had as used quite reasonably prices, as they tend to take a huge hit for the first couple of years on re-sale value. Best of luck!

TrailManor!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

Curtis F.

Mascoutah, IL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/10 11:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go Fiberglass

Scamp trailers

Casita Trailers

Escape trailers

Questions? go to Fiberglass RV forum

03 PT Cruiser LE 5 spd
98 Silverado K2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel 4X4 Ext cab short bed with cap
05 Trillium Outback 13' + 30" extended tongue + upgraded 3500 lb axel The Glassasylum
89 Award 730, 30' TT

SteveRankin

Sequim, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/10 12:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fordsooperdooty wrote:

Trail Manor trailers. The King of light weight travel trailers, 4 solid walls and roof, low profile when towing, and a number of floor plans with walk around king or queen beds. Not a claustrophobic trailer! The Trail Manor has hard sides, folds down to cut down on wind resistence for better towing, more stability and superior milege!

No canvas, has roomy interiors, Thetford 12 volt Cassette Toilet and a full sized Queen OR King beds, lengths from 26' and 2673 GVWR (19' closed!) to 33' and 3500 lbs GVWR (26' when closed!) when opened for camping. No slideouts, but roomy floorplans with huge windows! 6 gallon DSI Propane Electric water heater, A/C, full time dinette and even a swivel chair on some models, propane furnace, Awning, roomy bathroom with sink and shower, sofa, and all the ammenities you'd expect, refig, microwave, carpet and tile, tinted glass, well insulated walls and roof so your A/C cools better in hot weather, and your furnace keeps you toasty in the cold.

Best of all, even the largest weighs only 3500 dry! Ultra light weight weight, but very well made, sturdy and a loyal core of happy owners. Designed and engineered by a PHd in Engineering in 1983. Light weight laminated construction before anyone else had it! And did I mention ROOMY! And they can be had as used quite reasonably prices, as they tend to take a huge hit for the first couple of years on re-sale value. Best of luck!

TrailManor!

Ditto.

There just isn't much else on the market that a mid-size SUV can properly tow.

Steve & C. J.
Gracie Rough Collie
Bo'sun Bichon Frise
Marli Lab

2011 Fox Mountain 245RKS

1998 Bigfoot 25C9.6B

2010 Dodge Ram Laramie 3500 4X4, Cummins 6.7, Crewcab SRW LB
TrailerSaver BD3 & MOR/Ryde

Our Arctic by RV trip

Our Beaver motorhome Technical page

Padlin

W. Ma.

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/10 03:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A NL 811 is a TC.
I 2nd the Escape suggestion. You're used to fairly small so it may do the trick. Look at the 19'er, very nice units that you can pull with about anything. And they are close by.

Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
06 Starcraft 18SB

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/10 06:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

www.trailmanor.com has a small TT in addition to their foldups.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two bikes (both Electric Schwinn's with motor assist)

frank henn

jackson, mississippi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/10 07:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out Keystones Bullet and Crossroads Slingshot both of these were designed for what you have in mind

eric james

Sioux Falls, SD

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/10 07:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Passport 195RB Can you handle under 20'? This is a nice floorplan at 3800lbs dry.

Same kitchen, dinette and master as my 290BH. Bigger bathroom. Basically took the couch and bunkhouse off this flooplan. Oh, no slide.

2009 Keystone Passport UL 290BH
2003 Ford Expedition EB 5.4L/3.73

HappyTrails2U2

Tennessee is home but being held hostage in GA.

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/10 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Carter13 wrote:

We are looking at selling the NL and getting a new small trailer under 4000 lbs dry weight to tow with her 2010 Nissan Xterra.

Forest River makes the Rockwood Mini Lite 2502S that has a dry weight of 3,885 lbs and it's 25'-8" long with a small slide out for the sofa and overhead cabinets with a full width rear bathroom that looks nice.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/default........=rk&nav=rec&name=2973&series=Mini%20Lite

* This post was edited 09/03/10 11:50am by HappyTrails2U2 *

2010 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8315BSS
2003 Chevy Silverado 1/2 Ton Extended Cab

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Trailers Under 4000 lbs.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts