|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> atwood electric jacks

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
mabryoso1

north carolina

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/10 07:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have Atwood elect. leveling jacks on my motor home, and I have a broken a gear in one of them. Any one know where you can get parts for them? the motor is fine and runs good they have about 6 reduction gears in them. I hope I don't have to buy the whole jack. the # on the motor is 66100 and #s on the leg is 66302 7 5 13" . the motor home is a 2005 32v southwind . I had to take the jack off as i was in a camp ground leaving this morning. The jack stayed down as the others came up then went into a error mode, then they wouldn't do anything. A neighbor had a bottle jack with some blocks and had to lift the motor home up to take the pressure off the jack so I could get out. Took the jack apart and found one of the gears broke. any info on this wold be appreciated... Thanks Mabry

purplekeenah

greensburg, pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/10 07:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had problems with two jacks in the last five months. The first jack failed because the screw flight snapped in two, Atwood said I had to buy a complete unit, the second jack failed because of a dead short in the motor, Atwood said I had to buy a complete unit. Good luck on getting replacement parts. I also had to replace the control bosrd when the motor went bad on the second jack.
I wish I had the PowerGear jacks that were on my previous rig.

2007 Newmar Ventana 3936
330 Cummins
2013 Chevy Equinox

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/10 11:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sent you a PM, as I'm becoming a expert on these jacks - and not by choice.

There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

eadeal55

Suffolk VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/10 12:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had one of my Atwood electric jacks go down and not come back up. All it did was click, so I figured there was something broken in the gear head. I tried the 1/2in socket on an electric drill to try and raise it, but it would just go up a 1/4 inch then click some and drop back down. The Atwood tech rep told me to remove the jack and take it to the RV dealer for repair.

I took the busted jack to my dealer and he did the 12v up/down test, and all it did was click. Was told there were no replacment parts available, and that the entire jack would have to be replaced. Luckily, I had a service contract, so I paid the deductible and the jack was replaced. Cost of the 15in jack was $450, plus 1/2 hour labor to install.

Dealer's service tech told me that Atwood does not have any repair parts available, but I've heard of a few guys that were real handy with tools and could machine replacement gears and drive screws.

Andy & Lee, plus Ruby (15) & Bella (10), the Cocker Spaniel girls
'05 Fleetwood Bounder 33R, F53 w/6.8L V10...towing a
'07 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, President 2012-14

hsteinle

Mesa AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/10 12:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can bring the jacks up by using a drill, extension, and I believe it is a 1/2 inch socket. If I remember correctly, you need to turn counterclockwise to bring them up (but once you start turning you can tell which direction is correct). The 'nut' is located near the top part of the jack, pointing downward and is easy to see. With a flashlight you should be able to see it fairly clearly. You need a drill as it takes a LOT of revolutions to bring the jack up. Unfortunately, I have to use this procedure many times when the jack goes into 'error' mode and my calls to Atwood have had limited results.

Harlan
Mesa AZ/Durango CO
’07 Alfa So Long Gold #4322
Cummins 400 ISL
Toad:
-Harley enclosed "Toy Carrier" cycle trailer, or
-‘01 Jeep Wrangler, or
-'11 Ford Explorer Limited

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> atwood electric jacks
Search:   Advanced Search