|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> toilet wand

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
dtzackus

Cumbola, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/10 04:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am making my own toilet wand for cleaning out the blank tank. I have a lot of let over 1/2 CPVC pipe and figure I would just make it myself.

How long should I make it. Just curious and figure I would see what other people have done or have used.

Thanks in advance, dan

Dan, Tammy, Cory, Leah and Adam
2011 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0
2012 Conquest 297DBS
Equal-i-zer Hitch
GM Integrated Trailer Brake Controller

chaffeekid

Chaffee, Mo, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/10 05:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Dan, the one I have from Camping World is about 3 feet long as I remember.
Happy Trails
Jim

MGySgt USMC(R) 61-91
N0LZS
Wife, has put up with me for 50 years
Three hyper chihuahua's
Good Sam a pound rescue, Sassy and Bambi
2001 Fleetwood Expedition Diesel Pusher
Toad 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sierra hardtop

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/10 06:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unless I have missed something I wouldn't have one but, of course, we already have a built-in No Fuss Flush.
It seems to me that once you stick that thing into the toilet there is no telling what will stick to it. Then you take it out and drag it and the hose thru the camper. Who needs that?

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two bikes (both Electric Schwinn's with motor assist)

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/10 09:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They are about 30 inches long and you are better off making your own. I bought 2 already made. The end cap on both have 4 holes 90 deg appart. I put 3 stainless steel screws in the holes on one of them to turn it into a high pressure one outlet jet that I could aim at the poo dam that formed near the tank outlet. I can also blast the corners of the tank pretty well. Both of ones I bought broke off where the ball valve is glued to the pvc. Since I use plastic garden hose quick connects that include the ball valves anyway I glued new slip x fem pipe thd adapters to the pvc pipe portions and added brass male pipe thd x 3/4 fem garden hose adapters then the matching male garden hose x quick connect adapters.

I also made a third one from scratch that has a 1/2 slip male x 1/2 slip female (street) elbow on the end. This gives me a 1/2 inch opening for when I want a lot of water and not a lot of pressure when rinsing and filling the tank.

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/10 06:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dtzackus wrote:

I am making my own toilet wand for cleaning out the blank tank. I have a lot of let over 1/2 CPVC pipe and figure I would just make it myself.

How long should I make it. Just curious and figure I would see what other people have done or have used.

Thanks in advance, dan

I made one and it worked somewhat, but for $20 or so you can buy one that actually works great.

Larry

2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

lat471

Lebanon, PA

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/10 12:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why make it. You can buy one at Home Depot for about $9.00.

07 Cameo F35FD3
The Black Cloud

dtzackus

Cumbola, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/10 03:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I "had" a tornado tank rinser, but the end that screws onto the hose broke. The joys of plastic. I have extra CPVC here at the house and the ends only cost me 2 bucks for both of them, the end cap and hose screw. I already have the cleaner and glue. I am a DIY type of guy. Why buy it when it only cost me two bucks to make it myself. thanks for all the comments and esp. the one size that the guy gave me.

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/10 03:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Below is a pic of what I actually use

My bathroom has a small window and is right over the city water connection and I simply took off the screen from the window since we never open it anyway. Then when I get ready to "FLUSH" I just disconnect my water hose and regulator and attach my wand which has a shut off valve on it where it connects to the hose leaving the valve closed. Turn on the water and hang the wand over my power cord and once inside open the window and reach out and get the wand and do my thing. Sounds complicated, but the whole process of connecting and disconnecting takes less than 5 min less the actual flushing time, only takes one person to do it and for the 10 or 15min I spend on this it works best for me. No extra hoses to carry and no chance of something leaking and messing up things in my enclosed underbelly that I can't monitor what might be going on.

The bottom business end has a brass tube that rotates and throws out a cone 360 deg over 15' so I think it's fairly efficient a doing the job.

A final benefit of a wand is if for some reason you get a clog or the dreaded pyramid of death is the wand is much more effective at breaking that up as long as your toilet goes directly down into the black tank like mine does.

Larry

Drbolasky

Allentown, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/10 06:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I made mine out of 1/2" copper pipe. It's about 2.5 to 3' long and I put on an angle coupler and a faucet valve. I put a 90 degree elbow on the "business end" of the wand and soldered on a cap. I drilled holes in the cap to create a spray pattern that distributed water across a wide swath. Works like a charm.

I also got tired of dragging a garden hose through the TT (there's no window in our bathroom) so I used a city water hookup, some fittings and some good strong hose to put a laundry faucet in the bathroom by the toilet. I just hook up a hose to the outside city water fitting and my "blaster" to the laundry faucet.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew
2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors

Jimehc

Taylorsville, Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/10 01:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lat471 wrote:

Why make it. You can buy one at Home Depot for about $9.00.

Kinda takes the fun outta DIY

But an in the tank flusher (Tornado Tank Rinser) is truly the way to go....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> toilet wand
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS