|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Open Roads Forum  >  Do It Yourself Modifications and Upgrades (DIY)

> 3M Command Strips revisited

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
RainbowsEnd

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/10 04:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've read many post of people using the 3M Command Strips products to hang pictures and things from their rv's walls. It seems that there is great success in this product but little really is said on the ease of removing them. Specifically removing and leaving no damage or no residue to rv walls.

If I understand correctly most rv's have a sort of vinyl wall covering, at least I think mine does. I read that you can't use them on wallpaper but I'm guessing the vinyl wall coating in rv's is considered different? IF you have had trouble removing what did you use to clean up any residue left and were you satisfied with the end result. I've been reading the Q&A at the 3M site on how do deal with removal issues but would like some real life experience dealing with this and your comments on the end results.

Thanks!

2011 Bullet Premier 28RLPR
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Bigrick

Central PA

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/10 08:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've used them on my TT. They work as advertised!!

2007 Dutchmen 28F GS
2012 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD 5.7L V-8

campin'nut

Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/10 03:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We, too, have used only the Command strips and hooks for everything we've hung in our 5'er. I've removed several after a couple of years and no sign they were even there. I have to say though that I have had trouble pulling the strip of adhesive at times because it has ripped or broken off before the plastic strip could be lifted off the wall. It may have been me not pulling directly downward but rather outwards. On a few I managed to grab a small piece of the ripped tape and pulled completely off successfully, but there's also been a couple that had nothing to grab on to so I ended up lifting the plastic slowly and was able to remove it without any damage.
We've used three of the larger hooks to mount a full-size, but lite-weight, wall mirror on the back of our bathroom door - two at the bottom for it to sit on and one at the top to keep in position ~ works great and is still solid and secure.
Happy & safe travels.....JW

countryside2007

utah

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/10 09:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have never had them leave a residue or spot. they just come off as advertised. I have used them in both the sticks and bricks and now the fifth wheel.
At christmas in the sticks and bricks used them to hang stockings garland and lights all over the house when I was done just removed according the the instructions and you would on never known they were there.
Now in the fifth wheel have them everywhere and if I find I want to change or adjust just remove them according to the directions and place a new sticky in a new spot.

Him and Me
06 Dodge drw
08 Sunnybrook Bristol Bay

rvdudes2

Saskatchewan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/10 12:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We used Command Strips to hang pictures etc. in our first fifth wheel. Most of them were in place for about three years. Took all of them down when we replaced the fifth wheel. Absolutely no damage to any wall surface and no residue either.

2005 Ford F350 Dually, Crew Cab
2009 Fleetwood Terry
2 Parents, 2 Boys, 2 Dogs, and 1 noisy bird

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Do It Yourself Modifications and Upgrades (DIY)

> 3M Command Strips revisited
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS