|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Propane Fill Hose

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
deejay41

Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/24/10 02:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 1999 Monaco Diplomat, and I have a leaking propane fill hose. I need to remove it from the fill connector to the tank.

My question is, if I remove the old hose, will propane leak out, or does it have a built-in "check" valve to prevent the escape of the gas??
This hose is only about 3 ft long, and has half inch flared fittings on each end.
I am concerned in removing the fittings, since I have a full tank of propane.

Thanks.

US Air Force (retired)
Tiffin Phaeton Class A
Cummins Diesel Pusher
Blue Ox Aventa 2 w/ Brake Buddy
Dodge Dakota - Toad
Have Dogs-Will Travel

Patty98311

Washington

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/10 02:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Isn't there an isolation valve at the tank? This is what I have closed prior to any type of work on my propane system. Also, I would never depend on a safety device(I am assuming you are referring to the OPD valve) for my protection, as this hopefully would work but I sure would not want to bet my life on it. Best to get some info on your specific system or have someone who does do it.

2000 Country Coach

tlove101

.Brookings,OR.

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/10 02:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deejay41 wrote:

I have a 1999 Monaco Diplomat, and I have a leaking propane fill hose. I need to remove it from the fill connector to the tank.

My question is, if I remove the old hose, will propane leak out, or does it have a built-in "check" valve to prevent the escape of the gas??
This hose is only about 3 ft long, and has half inch flared fittings on each end.
I am concerned in removing the fittings, since I have a full tank of propane.

Thanks.

I'm sure there is a shut off valve on the tank.
Have never seen a tank with out one.

othertonka

Stockton, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/24/10 05:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First I don't understand what a "Propane fill hose" that you are talking about. When they fill your tank they hook up directly to the OPD valve. Is the hose you are talking about connected to the regulator?

Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

ticat900

canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/10 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

othertonka wrote:

First I don't understand what a "Propane fill hose" that you are talking about. When they fill your tank they hook up directly to the OPD valve. Is the hose you are talking about connected to the regulator?

The OP obviously has a "remote fill hose" system but Iam pretty sure from memory that the valve at the tank is a one way valve so should be no probelm replacing the remote fill hose even when there is LPG in the tank

katysdad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/10 06:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

othertonka wrote:

I have seen 1 or 2 units the tank was mounted in between the frame rails and had a hose from the fill connector to the tank. I would take it to a certified LP repair facility and have them replace the hose if there is no shut-off valve at the tank.

Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Diesel

hohenwald48

Hohenwald, TN

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/10 09:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Monaco puts in a remote fill connection that is connected to the tank by a 3' hose. Most all Monaco's have this. Adjacent to the filler fitting is an electric switch to turn off the gas. The electric solenoid valve is attached to the outlet of the tank.

However, I would crawl underneath and reach up on the tank and turn off the manual valve before changing the hose.

2008 Fleetwood Jamboree 25G
1999 Jeep Wrangler
100% Solar Powered Home
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

ticat900

canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/10 09:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hohenwald48 wrote:

Monaco puts in a remote fill connection that is connected to the tank by a 3' hose. Most all Monaco's have this. Adjacent to the filler fitting is an electric switch to turn off the gas. The electric solenoid valve is attached to the outlet of the tank.

However, I would crawl underneath and reach up on the tank and turn off the manual valve before changing the hose.

The manual valve your refering to is the outlet valve!! It will have no bearing on the replacement of the remote fill hose.The remote fill hose will hook onto a one way fill valve on the tank.

hohenwald48

Hohenwald, TN

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/10 07:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe on your Monaco coach (?). But not that way on mine (2001 Knight).

I have two manual valves. One on the inlet and one on the outlet.

38 Special

Irondale, Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/25/10 06:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2002 Monaco Diplomat and my fill hose started leaking when we tried to fill it this past weekend. I cut off the electric switch and removed the hose this afternoon, no problems. Any ideas where I can source a replacement hose?

John Galbreath Jr.
Irondale, Alabama
2008 Monaco Camelot

John@FireLogs.com

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Propane Fill Hose
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts