RV.Net Open Roads Forum: How is the quality of the Escape Trailer?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> How is the quality of the Escape Trailer?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
BearLeeAlive

Calgary

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/11 02:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear of your woes 4of3. That is most unfortunate, but you do seem to realize that your situation was an anomaly.

My story is pretty much the opposite. I have had an Escape 19 for just over 2 years, the 6th one off the line once they started producing them. It has been one of my best buying experiences I have had. The folks that own Escape really do listen and are great to deal with, and will accommodate many modifications that you would like, as long as they are feasible to be done.

We thoroughly enjoy our trailer, it is exactly what we wanted. Permanent queen sized bed, bathroom, light weight, lots of storage, and weatherproof. Sure, there are a few additional things I might have liked, but they would both have increased the cost, and added to the weight. There were a couple small things that were (or went) wrong, but nothing major, and the folks at Escape were right there to deal with them.

4of3

BC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/11 10:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BearLeeAlive, I wish we were amongst those that rave about how great these trailers are. I am happy for you that you’ve have had good results with your trailer.

Now that we finally have everything working on the trailer and are actually able to get out and use it, we are noticing other flaws. Mostly cosmetic things or shoddy installation/workmanship at the factory – crooked cabinet doors, 2 windows installed crooked, bent hinges on cabinet doors (that’s how they tried to level doors where the hinges weren't put in level), door gasket cut too short, air bubble in the gelcoat and someone at their factory went nuts drilling holes for hinge screws, door supports, and several misc “mystery” screws - the list continues to grow. I have fixed some of the flaws myself and we’ve decided to just live with (and laugh about) some of the other stuff because I am tired of taking the trailer back to the manufacturer for repairs and it worries me to have the same guys fixing the stuff that they messed up in the 1st place.

Don’t get me wrong, we like the layout and the functionality of the trailer. From the outside it is a good looking unit and we get a lot of people stopping to look at it. In fact it was a casual passerby who 1st noticed one of our crooked windows. Many people have been surprised at the fit and finish of ours because the Escapes are so highly regarded. So is ours an anomaly? Could be, but the same guys that built ours built a bunch of others as well. Would I buy another one? NO! For the quality we received, we paid way too much and I wouldn't want to go through the same frustrations again!

BroncosFan

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/11 12:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4of3,
Some people have reported water dipping out of the pan (not window) weep holes when hooking up. Have you ever had this? I wondered if (in some climates) it was caused by moist air condensing in that air space between the enclosed bottom pan and the wood floor. Thanks.

4of3

BC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/11 02:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Broncos Fan. We haven't experienced water dripping out of the drain holes. On the Escapes, there is a rounded "pontoon" running around the bottom of the trailer along the edge. Its lowest point is below the floor level and has drain holes in it. The idea being any water leakage inside will make its way to a low point and then drain out. There is no air space between the plywood floor and the bottom of fiberglass shell.

We camped in the cold and rain last November and experienced wicked condensation on the windows and walls but I wouldn't think it would be enough to collect and run out the drain holes. If I had water dripping out of the drain holes, I'd be looking for something leaking.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> How is the quality of the Escape Trailer?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS