Oh, what to do? We're considering driving the Jeep up Friday and finding local accomodations and just day tripping to the rally site, we would drive home Sunday. We would be unable to cook anything for the Friday cookout and Saturday potluck, but we can bring some prepared stuff.
Not sure who is going to be the first to arrive, but someone will have to pick up the key for the gate. Tom from USACE called me today and left a message...I know where the key is, but whoever is first up may want to call him at 413-667-3656 and get the details.
Generally you have to get to the Knightville Dam road and look for the giant mailbox on the left heading towards the dam...key should be in it. Of course he didn't leave me the address. It is on Knightville Road off of Rt. 112 quite a ways southwest of our camping location.
Hopefully Steve will be the first to arrive and get the key (he knows the details). Of course I was going to get into the area Thursday and get the key, then move over to Indian Hollow early Friday w/the key but that's not happening now.
Jon, I didn't bother to call them today...presuming they are waiting for the insurance adjuster who was scheduled to go there tomorrow.
I'll call them tomorrow but highly doubt they would have it repaired tomorrow or even Thursday...guess it depends on how quickly they could get the gear box and want to accomodate me...after all my complaining about the collision repair I don't think they would bend over backwards for me.
We just booked the camping cabin at Windy Acres for the two nights! YAY! Maybe we can tow it over to Indian Hollow???
we should be arriving at Windy Acres at 1:00 pm, over to the rally site an hour or two later.
Steve, Jeep has been whining at the drivers side front wheel area for a couple months...brake issues and I needed some other stuff worked on as well and I've got 150K miles on it...I'm not the greatest w/vehicle maintenance...only RV maintenance!
* This post was
edited 05/18/11 03:03pm by GerryB54 *