RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: 87 Coachman Leprechaun Heater/fridge problem HELP!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> 87 Coachman Leprechaun Heater/fridge problem HELP!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
peak1nc

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/11 03:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just took our "NEW" to us Leprechaun out for the first time. Before leaving, we had tested the heater, it came right on and got the camper nice and toasty. I tested the fridge by leaving it running on gas overnight. We put the setting on "coldest" We were surprised to find the fridge temp at 20 degree's the next day. Well off we went. We arrived at the campsite, turned on the heater as it was 45 degree's outside. It came right on blowing out hot air. I turned on the fridge using the gas setting. No "Check" light, so I presumed it was working. We went outside for the next few hours, and when we came in, the camper was cold. I checked the heater, it was blowing out cold air. Also the fridge was not cooling. I turned it off, and turned it back on, immediately the check light came on, and continued to come on every time I tried to start it. Also, shore power would not run it. At first I thought I was out of gas, but the stove and oven worked fine the entire trip. We had ceramic heaters and put blocks of ice in the fridge so all was well, but I am really confused about the heater/fridge issue. Can any kind soul offer any help or hints on what could be wrong? TIA!

Kirk

Livingston, Texas.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/11 09:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It may be that your propane pressure regulator is bad and the supply pressure is low. That could cause the two not to operate, but it would not effect the refrigerator's ability to run on shore power. I would have the gas pressure checked.

Good travelin! ........Kirk
Professional Volunteer
Fulltimer for 11 years,
URL: www.adventure.1tree.net

computerbug

Sarasota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/11 10:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ck the ground fault in the bathroom, also the breaker might have tripped. This happened to us last wkend. Ours is a Santana Good Luck

Harvard

51.6N 114.7W

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/11 10:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it is not the LPG regulator then it could be an oil trap in the LPG distribution cutting off flow to some appliances. This type of problem is typically intermittent with outside air temperature as the oil viscosity increases as it gets cold.

fisher60

Plant City, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/11 06:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Battery dead? No 12 volts to the appliance, no workie!

'01 Dutchman Express 28A, Borg Chrome Dually Valve Stems, Pacific Dualies Wheel Simulators, '06 Tuscon, 2014 FLHTCUTG
Good Sam Life Member

peak1nc

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/11 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies folks! These replies definitely give me some avenues to pursue. I have tomorrow off, so will check them all. Thanks again to all of you.

dog_walker

home

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/11 08:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an 87 Coachmen Crusader, I have had my fair amount of issues with my gas appliances as well! I'm not sure as to why, but my fridge on gas will only ignite while connected to shore power. Once ignited, I can disconnect.

dog_walker

home

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/11 08:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After re-reading you're last post you said you measured 14.1 volts on you're batter, so that must have been while plugged into shore power.

peak1nc

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/11 12:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok. Got 14.1 volts reading on the battery. I got the RV very level. Turned on the furnace, got heat. Turned on the stove, got a flame. Still nothing to the fridge. Took the igniter cover off, and had the wife switch from off to gas. The "Check" light came on immediately. No ignition, no spark nothing. Checked the breaker panel on the bed. Nothing tripped, and all fuses are fine.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> 87 Coachman Leprechaun Heater/fridge problem HELP!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS