|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> No Water

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
desertjim

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 03:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm about to get to where I can get into where the line enters the tank. Then I stopped to look for my impact screwdriver and got sidetracked. Had to get a drink of water, comb my hair, then I found something else that I needed to do, then...
.......some of you know how that goes when you get aged (smile). I'll get back to it when I finish shining my shoes.

Regards,

Jim

ticat900

canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 05:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have owned and worked on a lot of RV,s and have never seen nor heard of a one way water valve between tank and pump/ must be rarety

desertjim

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 06:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FALSE ALARM! That little "hole in the wall" didn't allow me to see anything but the tank. Not one line anywhere and I couldn't reach around and feel any line, so I'm back on a dead end street!

It would appear to me that one would have to remove the carpet and cut a hole in the floor to get to the necessary "hot spot".

I may just punch a hole in the tank from my little "peep hole" and run a new line all the way to it. Of course I'd have to string it around the roof and ac units up there a few times and then down through the ceiling and floor .....I'm
kidding, but this is the most complicated thing I have encountered.......so far.

Regards,

Jim

Red,

Southwest

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/11 12:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

desertjim wrote:

"Come on everybody"...

Chime in

Thanks to everyone.

Jim in the deserts of NM

Some of you know that I used to be the National RV technical advisor . . .

Put everything back to the way it was when you R&R the pump.

Make sure that you have water in the fresh water tank.

Place your outside shower line on the ground.

Turn on water pump - then open shower.

The outside shower is only open.

Nothing else should be open.

Water always flows down .

That will prime pump.

No more questions.

Red, *<(:{)-

garry1p

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/11 07:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

desertjim wrote:

"What we have here is a failure to communicate", lol.

When the main water line is hooked directly to the pump, I still get no water.

If I blow into that line, I blow air and water out the overflow tube.

So............the problem MUST be inside the tank, like maybe the hose got busted above the water line. Water can flow into the pump, no problem, but
not our.

I'm sorry I haven't made myself clear enough. I'm also writing to other individuals.

Many thanks,

Jim

What you have said is "AIR will back flow to the tank, water will not flow to the pump". Or is that "out of the pump?

This sounds like what has been said several times a check valve gone bad. There IS a check valve somewhere you need to find it if not at the fresh water inlet,just behind where you connect the fresh water hose or output line at the tank.

I don't know about yours but my water tank output is at the bottom of the tank so gravity flow should flow out of the pump inlet if the inlet hose is removed if not check valve or crimped line.

Garry1p

1990 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite XL
454 on P-30 Chassis
1999 Jeep Cherokee sport

desertjim

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/11 08:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, Gary. My tank seems to be mounted atop the diesel tank. I don't know how to get to it or to where the water line goes into the tank.

Let me reiterate something: NO VALVES OR ANY SORT ARE INVOLVED.

I finally hooked the main water line DIRECTLY to the pump. Nothing doing! It sucks air and it blows air, so that line is NOT immersed into water anywhere. That is what seems so weird........because if I hook it up correctly and connect a water hose, the tank will fill.......AND......turning it to city water, all the faucets will dispense water.

My '99 TW is mounted on a Freightliner Chassis, and it seems like NOTHING ELSE
has the tank anywhere near this one's configuration. Even the front door TW is different, as best as I can tell.

Anyway, folks from TWO forums and one mailing list, strictly for National RVs, have been able to nail it!

So, bad as I hate to, I guess I'm gonna have to take it to the repair shop. I actually doubt that they will know any more than I have learned (smile).

Regards,

Jim

desertjim

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/11 08:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gary, you wrote: "There IS a check valve somewhere you need to find it if not at the fresh water inlet,just behind where you connect the fresh water hose or output line at the tank".

If there is a check valve "at the tank" might it be that it will let water "in" but not "out"?? That would be the only way that a valve is involved, because of the way I have it hooked up, as mentioned in my previous post. If so, then I stand corrected on the "no valve" remark.

The same line is used for "filling" and for "pumping" it back "out" to the rest of the system.

Regards,

Jim

garry1p

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/11 08:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well what you know;

1.The pump will pump from a source other than the main tank so the pump is good.

2. You can blow air from the pump inlet line back through the fresh water tank so the water line from the tank to the pump is OK.

3. The valve to fill the fresh water tank from city water is OK and you do not find a check valve in this line.

What's left??????? Do you have an outside shower??

desertjim

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/11 09:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, I have an outside shower.

I buttoned it back up today the way it is supposed to be hooked up, and nothing works. It wanted to pump a little air/water through to the kitchen and bathroom sinks, but then nothing.

I give up! I'll use city water and not do any dry parking until I can get it repaired. It's beyond me, and everyone else, it seems .

Thanks to everyone who has offered to help.

Regards,

Jim

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> No Water
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: