|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> cedar creek silverback

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Davensis

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 01:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

after 5 rv shows and visiting every dealer within a hundred miles, DW & I have settled on the silverback fw from forest river. Trying to read everything I can so looking for opinions here. this is our first fw. hoping to snowbird next winter as I am tired of scooping snow. your comment are appreciated

Trail-Mate

Frederick, MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/11 01:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Which model? I was considering a 35gb4 but after looking at a couple, the back wall storage. The drawers and cabinets could open and catch in the slides. 2 I looked had the lower drawers knobs broken off with the shanks bent toward the side operation.

1997 Ford F250 Extended Cab, 7.3 Diesel, 8 foot bed.
Reese 16K Hitch
(Moved into Shed) Hensley Arrow
Jordan Brake Controller, Hensley TruControl Gold Shelved.
Open Range 5th Wheel, Roamer RF392 BHS

Happy Camping !!

2oldman

Quincy WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 02:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

silverback posts

Davensis

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 02:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we're looking at the 29re

BIGD0G

Shalimar, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/11 02:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2011 Silverback 35k that I have owned for a year now. We use it every month and have really enjoyed it. No real issues at all. The only problem was a bad diode in a wire inside the fridge but is not related to the rv itself but rather the fridge. It was a simple fix. Other than that it has all been good. Feel free to pm me if you like and I will share my cell number if you would like to speak in person.

Hope this helps.

2011 Cedar Creek Silverback 35k
1994 Jayco 305FK TT

clydengail

Maumelle, AR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/11 03:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am sitting in my 2011 29RE as I type this. We bought ours last December and this is our second trip. No major issues at all. My only problem is with the Jensen surround sound unit. The radio and DVD play works fine, but when using with TV after warm up we get a high pitch whine (or at least my wife does, I can't hear it). You have to turn it up almost as high as it will go to get sound. I plan to take it back to dealer when I get back home. I looked at different brands and could not find anything comparable in build quality for the price. you can PM me if you have any specific questions.

TV - 2007.5 GMC Duramax 4x4 Ext Cab
2011 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE

silverback31b2

Upstate NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/11 06:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the 31B2 w/ 3 slides @ 37' for the DW and our 2 girls. We love it w/ no issues to date other than a tear in the vinyl floor from the factory. We have 39 days in it last year and are leaving for 14 days at Disney in a month. They are well made units w/ great features, we had a Cross Roads Cruiser before our Silverback and spent a ton of time comparing other units until settling on this one. Good luck w/ you search and ask me any other questions.

2011 Silverback 31B2
2011 F350 Superduty, Crew Cab, 8' box, 4x4, 6.7 PSD, Lariat, Loaded
BD3 Trailersaver air hitch
Tire minder TPMS

RonandConni

Greentown In

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 06:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2011 29RL and we love it. No major problems other than a problem with the furnace which turned out to be a loose wire. The floorplan is great. This is our second Silverback. The first was a 2005 29LRLBS and we pulled it over 45ooo miles and into 45 states. When it was time for a new 5er there was not even a second thought about what brand we wanted.

WE GO WHERE WE ARE TOWED!
Ron and the Spirit of Conni
N9LRO
Greentown, In
2011 Cedar Creek 29RL
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 Diesel

DelawareCamper

Newark, Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 07:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love ours,, a few minor issues, but a really nice 5er

Mike & Denise
2011 Silverado 3500HD Dually CC 4x4 LT1 D/A
2014 KZ GoldRush Nugget
PullRite 20.5 Super 5th & SuperRails

PICS

brauneyz

Fulltime

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/11 07:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Davensis wrote:

we're looking at the 29re

Just took possession of our new one 2 wks. ago. Love the layout. Two slides with cathedral ceilings make the living area comparable to a small apartment.

One criticism though ... the slides run too close to the cabinet handles in the back. If not totally level, or the cabinets swing open during travel, the knobs will catch. Of course, that's all hidden behind the slides, so even if you could see it, you couldn't get to it. We temporarily solved the problem by removing them and will consider flatter ones.

Also, the entire LR and kitchen is inaccessible during travel, so depending on how you move, it might prove problematic. We're FTers, drive short distances every few weeks and rarely stop for meals in the rig on travel days. If that's not your style, you might want to reconsider that layout. You can get to the toilet, which is a plus.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> cedar creek silverback
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS