|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Rough Start for New RVers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
hantahemorrhage

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 02:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is my first post and, unfortunately it is somewhat negative. Has anyone had a bad experience dealing with Triangle RV World in Frederick, MD?
Although I have been around travel trailers and fifth wheels in my family for years, I have never really considered buying one until we had kids. Since I live about a mile from Triangle, we decided to stop in a take a look at some of the used fifth wheels. We found a small one (about 24') that seemed pretty nice and we put a $100 deposit down on it. I asked my uncle, who has owned fifth wheel campers for the past 25 years, to take a look at it. He found a sloppy chalk line at the rear near the roof and we found the interior rear wall was completely rotted. Obviously, they knew nothing of this and we canceled the deal. It has been over two weeks now and we have called about getting our money returned to no avail.
Things worked out at Beckley's RV and we bought a new Cougar Lite. I look forward to using it for close(less than 300 mile)trips until I am a little more comfortable with the handling of towing.
I have nothing but good experiences staying at campgrounds with friends and family. I was a little surprised to be treated this way by an RV dealer. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with this or other dealers.

maddog348

Bakersfield,CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 02:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you get a contract stating you would get your 'Hold'$$ returned to you if you back out of the sale??

garym114

Bluff Dale, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 02:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is a good thing you had just $100 into it. Could have been worse and many times it is. Good catch by your uncle.
Hope you get it back.

2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It

hantahemorrhage

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 03:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, the receipt has terms regarding forfeiture of the deposit. We were obtaining the loan through a credit union, so the sale was contingent on financing. They have assured us that we will get our money back but having to deal with corporate finance it will take 7 to 10 days and we are just a week past.
The money is not the real issue. It is more the experience. I am aware of "Buyer Beware"; however, I just want to know if this is an exception or the rule.

Allworth

Orlando, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/11 03:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Call the local TV station and ask the "Consumer Reporter" to do a story on it. You will get your money.

Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
2008 Titanium 30E35SA; EZ-Lube axles; wet bolts; spring hanger gussetts; BFG Commercial TAs
"Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs"

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 03:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BBB Reliability Report for...Triangle Outdoor World
BBB Rating B-

Ratings Explanation BBB issues Reliability Reports on all businesses, whether or not they are BBB accredited. If a business is a BBB Accredited Business, it is stated in this report.
BBB Accreditation
This business is not a BBB Accredited Business.

BBB Rating
Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of B- on a scale from A+ to F.
Factors that lowered this business' rating include:
•One complaint filed against business that was not resolved.
•BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
•BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.
Factors that raised this business' rating include:
•Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size.
•Response to 3 complaint(s) filed against business.
Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings

Business Contact and Profile
Name: Triangle Outdoor World
Phone: (301) 662-5722
Fax: (301) 662-3365
Address: 1501 E Patrick St

Frederick, MD 21701-3103
Principal: Ms. Brenda Bauman, Manager
Employees: 10
File Open Date: January 2007
Type of Business: Recreational Vehs-Dealers
BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business.

The BBB has requested basic information from this company but has not received a response. As a result, the BBB may not have current information about the company

Customer Complaint History
When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.
BBB processed a total of 3 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 3 complaints closed in 36 months, 0 were closed in the last year.
These complaints concerned :
+ 1 regarding Customer Service Issues
1 - Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services
+ 2 regarding Product Issues
1 - Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received
1 - None of the Above - Product Quality Complaint Issue

These complaints were closed as:
+ 1 Administratively Closed
1 - BBB determined that while the company addressed the complaint issues, the complainant was dissatisfied and the matter was outside BBB Rules of Arbitration.

+ 1 Resolved
1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.

+ 1 Unresolved
1 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

SkiingSixPack

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 03:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you do get your $100 back, give it to your Uncle as he saved you untold $$thousands$$

Have fun with your new RV!

My better half
DS-15,DD-13,DS-12,DS-12
Summit Red Sunshine-1
Brandy Red Sunshine-At the bridge

The greatest thing you ever can do now,
Is trade a smile with someone who's blue now,
It's very easy just...

hantahemorrhage

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 03:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the comments. Of course you are right my uncle did save my butt. It leaves me wondering, do dealers often sell clearly damaged rigs. If you don't have know how or support, do you just learn the hard way?

TheAmRheins

Elizabethtown IN USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 03:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In my limited experience, I would have to say that dealers probably do sell damaged rigs. Both times we have traded without the dealer even seeing our unit before making the deal. Lucky for the dealer, both rigs were in really good shape!

Ken & Kathy
Ruben(the cat)& Tiadora (nother cat)
2003 Chev 3500 D/A Dually
2009 Landmark Augusta

rtaylor0830

davidsonville md

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/11 04:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Everything worked out the best for you because you ended up buying from beckleys they are one of the best dealers in md they do not forget you and will always help you my dad and myself have both bought from them.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Rough Start for New RVers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS