RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Adding windows to a slide out?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Adding windows to a slide out?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
CClass

California

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/11 05:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,

I currently have a class C with the dinette and sofa on the slide out. Although there are already 2 windows on the slide out, I was wondering if anyone has added windows to the slideout ends? Is this possible?

I recently went into a Class A which had windows on the slide ends. I guess it's more common in a Class A, maybe because the slides are deeper... But I liked the fact that more light came into the coach and that it allowed for better outward viewing.

Thanks for any information!

Mike& Rose

Lake & Horse country,Blackstone Valley MA

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/11 07:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Concord 300TS
I have seen them on some Class C models. Coachman Concord has side windows on the slide. Can it be added? I guess anything can be modified, but price, weight, clearance and depth of your slide will be factors. What type Class C do you have?

See you on the road!

JRandall

Fresno, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/11 10:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While I don't know for sure in your model, the end pieces of the slideout are probably solid, by that I mean the only structural pieces are located on the two corners where the side piece connects to the outside slideout wall and the inside frame that butts up to the coach wall when the slideout is extended. Should that be the case with your RV,that sidewall then is in reality just a filler piece with no real structural purpose.That is the structure would be in the framework and not the wall panel itself. If that is the case with your coach, it would seem that you only need to find the windows you want and cut out the end pieces to size, and install with appropriate waterproofing procedures. Check for any wiring to lights or other fixtures before you cut out the hole, but that wiring is probably located in the outside wall of the slideout. If that is incorrect advice, I'm sure others will correct it.

beachcomber_1

Alton, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/11 05:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have windows on all 3 sides, from the factory. Love it .

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/11 07:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A person on the hybrid forum added them to his coach, simple process and parts came from Ebay Motors RV parts section. The Forest River hybrids and Class C use the same laminated wall structure. Basically he laid out the pattern, cut with a Rotozip, installed windows, and is happy! You don't need a framed window on a laminated wall, the windows are "clamp ring" style windows.

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

CClass

California

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/11 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an '07 Fleetwood Jamboree. It appears the side with the sofa can accomodate a taller window than the dinette side. Any recommendations on where to inquire? or should I just check with a local sunroof installer? I'm guessing it would be a similar process...

Thanks!

ron.dittmer

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/11 07:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mike& Rose wrote:

Concord 300TS
I have seen them on some Class C models. Coachman Concord has side windows on the slide. Can it be added? I guess anything can be modified, but price, weight, clearance and depth of your slide will be factors. What type Class C do you have?
Sorry for the detour on this posting, but that seems like a real nice coach for $79,900. With the price of gas what it is right now, I wonder if RV manufactures and dealerships are dumping their stock like they did 3 years ago.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

Earthroamer82

Virginia Beach, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/11 11:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is definitly possible, but Ide leave it up to the professionials to install. I'm sure if you called Fleetwood, they would be able to give you options.

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/11 07:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just found his pictures, his name is Leaf Peeper - here is the webshots account that shows his project!

Leaf Peeper, adding slide window.

crasster

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/11 09:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, in most cases you can add windows to the "exterior" wall as they do not usually have any structural support. You may however want to contact the manufacturer and see if there is any type of wiring or brackets that could be damaged when you cut through.

I have seen in many cases successful windows added to slide outs.

4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Adding windows to a slide out?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS