RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Source for Fleetwood TT aluminum siding?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Open Roads Forum  >  Do It Yourself Modifications and Upgrades (DIY)

> Source for Fleetwood TT aluminum siding?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
thewaggonerfamily

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/11 01:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are fixing some damaged siding on the side of our 1990 Fleetwood Prowler Lynx TT. I think we will need 2 rows, 26' long. It appears that the siding near the top has a different profile than the siding on the bottom 2/3 of the camper. I've been searching online, but not finding much. Links to pics are in my signature. we are in Michigan near Toledo,OH, so something in the midwest would be preferable.

Thanks!

Scott & Katie
Katherine 19, Christian 17, Johannah 14, Nicholas 9, Genevieve 8, Matthew 4, Andrew 2 and Amy the Wonder Lab
Chevy 2500 12 passenger Express
Old Rig #1:1983 Fleetwood Prowler
Old Rig #2:1990 Fleetwood Prowler Lynx
New Rig: 1997 30' Skyline Nomad

mobilefleet

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/11 02:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

older trailers like that a good source is rvdoctorgeorge.com

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/11 04:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try a local roofing/building supply shop OR Mobile Home Supply shop, the panels are commonly called "Mesa Aluminum" and come in an "Polar White Krystal Coat" color that is the common ones for RV's. Haven't really changed that much in 40 years or so!

EXAMPLE-HERE Click on "Aluminum Siding Patterns" for the different "ripple" or corrugation patterns to match your RV!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/11 04:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thewaggonerfamily wrote:

We are fixing some damaged siding on the side of our 1990 Fleetwood Prowler Lynx TT. I think we will need 2 rows, 26' long. It appears that the siding near the top has a different profile than the siding on the bottom 2/3 of the camper. I've been searching online, but not finding much. Links to pics are in my signature. we are in Michigan near Toledo,OH, so something in the midwest would be preferable.

Thanks!

Your best bet might be to call Fleetwood and see if they either sent all the TT somewhere or sold it to someone. I know a lot of times in the past individual manufacturing plants have a warehouse where they store left over stock. Locating it is a real bear and I had to go to the plant in Hagerstown, Md. get a hold of one of the plant supervisors who turned me over to a person who took me to their old parts warehouse.

A real big problem is that this siding is usually shipped in huge quantities because it has to be trucked and getting only a few pieces costs more in shipping than often the cost of the siding itself. I would be contacting some plants close to you and see what they might have leftover that would work and then you might replace the top two sections on each side of the trailer.

For an older trailer this can really almost make the repair more expensive than buying a new trailer.

Larry

2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Do It Yourself Modifications and Upgrades (DIY)

> Source for Fleetwood TT aluminum siding?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS