RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Park prices going up?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Park prices going up?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/11 04:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JOHNNYFORD wrote:

here in ohio the state parks go up $2.00 a night starting april 1,2011
( $28.00 to $32.00 ) depending on state park, but its still a good deal, ohio has some nice state parks. i guess everything goes up except our income, oh well
Actually, even income goes up. In 1960 the median family income was $6180. Today the median family income is over $51,000. That's about a 900% increase. If you apply the same percentage increase to the Ohio rates, rates in 1960 would have been about $3.00. Wages have actually outpaced inflation for the last 50 years which is why our standard of living has increased. Why the politicians can preach about putting electric cars in your garage rather than a "chicken in every pot". We see lots of posts about the increasing costs of everything, but I have yet to see posts from people who got raises, promotions and bonuses boasting about how their income has risen today and prices are the same as they were yesterday.

W4RLR

Sewanee, Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/11 05:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

danny5002 wrote:

Awww isn't increased pricing wonderful? Yea, your right. It stinks. I have noticed that the local repair shot for our RV has gone from $55/hour to $78/hour for repairs. I guess if you can't sell enough RV's that you have to make a profit somewhere. I haven't checked yet for this years rate. It may have gone to $100/hour.
The going rate around here is $105 an hour. Mobile service costs an additional $75 right on top of the labor fee.

Richard L. Ray
SSgt USAF (Retired) Life Member DAV
W4RLR 146.52 mhz

2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab
1995 Jayco Eagle 277RBSS fifth-wheel

"Never ask a man what kind of computer he drives. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?"
Tom Clancy

JJBIRISH

Butler, PA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/11 10:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ReferDog wrote:

Washington isn't funding the SP this year or forever. So they are on there own, we see how long that last,

I am confused I thought that is what we want smaller less intrusive gov…
(as long as it doesn’t negatively affect me)

they were never really good RV park managers. Remember State employees get paid every two week whether the park is full or not.

Should we start counting the private industry managers that are paid big money for running failing operations then paid bigger money even pensions just to leave…

Former WA park host.

Its becoming clearer…

Oregon is funded from the lottery, so prices are lower there. As mention all states are in a bind, and SP parks are not high on the list.

I guess it depends on who writes the list…

We either support the park system and fund them, or we don’t…

Some would damn them for funding them, some would damn them for not, yet more would damn them no matter what they did, for who they are, not the job they are doing…

Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

binworkin

Johnstown

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/11 08:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JJBIRISH wrote:

I guess it depends on who writes the list…

We either support the park system and fund them, or we don’t…

Some would damn them for funding them, some would damn them for not, yet more would damn them no matter what they did, for who they are, not the job they are doing…

Amen. It seems that we are resorting to just hating ANYTHING or ANYONE that is government. That is until there are problems then we scream that the government should have prevented it.

TV 2012 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel
TT 2012 Lacrosse 318 BHS Touring Edition

LAdams

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/11 09:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let's stay on topic folks - if the post turns political, I'll lock it down...

ReferDog

Covington, WA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/11 08:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Washington isn't funding the SP this year or forever. So they are on there own, we see how long that last, they were never really good RV park managers. Remember State employees get paid every two week whether the park is full or not. Former WA park host.
Oregon is funded from the lottery, so prices are lower there. As mention all states are in a bind, and SP parks are not high on the list.

ReferDog 2008 Chevy 2500 HD Dura Max
Artic Fox 30U

Equlizer Hitch

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/11 12:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

majordad43 wrote:

Texas has already determined to close 7 state parks with more possible. One of the closures is Blanco SP which is about 35 miles north of San Antonio on US 281. It is almost impossible to get a reservation at Blanco between March and the end of October. They stay packed but we're told they're losing $$$. Day rates are going up in nearly all of our state parks. I haven't checked the RV rates yet since we've not stayed in one of them. Someone on here can probably fill me in on their rates since the brochures are last year's and thus, no help for this year. Also have not notices any change on the park websites.

I wish things were better but all states are having to look at costs and since so few use the parks that vote in that state it is easy to see how closing them may viewed mor of a plus than a negative.

Has anyone seen NP's closing or reducing sevices yet like the states or does it alway lag what the states do?

We stayed at the Gaylord in Nashville this weeks for a trade show and it seems like all the prices there where higher than five years ago. Basic room with two beds with fees was nearly $250 a night. Just to park a car in an open parking lot was $18 per day.

If anything it seems like state parks have gone up too little too late to insure they pull their own weight.

With the current rate of inflation being so high makes it hard. I know one eating place that has reprinted their menu boards twice in the last eight months. On the way back from Nashville yesterday I saw $4 diesel. Inflation is catching up with park prices too.

mking

Indianland,South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/11 01:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

None of us really likes prices going up,expecially when our salary isn't.Most S/P's in S.C. cost $18 to $34 a night,and very little have sewer.The local county C/G we go to cost $25 a night for W,E,S,and $22 a night for W,E.,plus a $4 admin fee.IMO even @ these rates as nice as most of these C/G's are I don't see how they break even.If they stayed 85% full year round then I could see maybe some profit.But it is what it is.

2006 Dodge Quad-Cab 2500 CTD,4;10 gears,pulling a Forestriver Flaggstaff 831qbss

majordad43

Rural Clay County, North Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/11 07:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Texas has already determined to close 7 state parks with more possible. One of the closures is Blanco SP which is about 35 miles north of San Antonio on US 281. It is almost impossible to get a reservation at Blanco between March and the end of October. They stay packed but we're told they're losing $$$. Day rates are going up in nearly all of our state parks. I haven't checked the RV rates yet since we've not stayed in one of them. Someone on here can probably fill me in on their rates since the brochures are last year's and thus, no help for this year. Also have not notices any change on the park websites.

2009 Ford F250 HD w/tow pkg. 5.4 V-8 gas
2007 Jayco Jay Feather LGT 25Z

Old Hammer Boy

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/11 07:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

misposted

I hope you will enjoy reading my journal about my bicycle ride, camping all the way across America at www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/dean. We also RV in our '07 Starcraft Travel Star 23QB, pulled with a good old stout Isuzu Trooper. It works

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Park prices going up?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS