|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Actions that melt my brain

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 30  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Lady Fitzgerald

Tempe, AZ, USA, Earth

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 06:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ANewCreation wrote:

...People who back into a parking space while everyone has to wait for them. Why not just pull in like everyone else?

Because it's easier with a large vehicle and safer to pull out instead of backing out when leaving the space. Visibility is better when pulling out of the space instead of being impaired while backing out by vehicles on either side of the space one was parked in. Most, if not all, major corporate driving schools, such as Smith School of Driving, advocate backing into parking spaces unless when can pull forward from the space behind so one can pull out instead of back out.

Backing into parking spaces was mandatory at the major electric/irrigation utility I worked for for 32 years. Many other major companies also have the same policy.

I can back my F150 Screw into a parking space much faster than I can pull in.

Now, what melts my brain are the ones who dart into the space I'm backing into or ride my back bumper so closely, I can't back up period.

* This post was edited 01/28/12 08:41pm by an administrator/moderator *

Jeannie

2oldman

Moses Lake

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You lazy bums who put 'boxes of air' into RV park garbage bins!! ARG!!

Break down your boxes you morons. Don't think "oh, this is a good box, somebody will want it." No, nobody is going to come by and salvage the box. IT'S GARBAGE! If you want to take your box to the 'cardboard box recycle place', fine, but there isn't any such place!! Even at a cardboard place they are supposed to be flattened. Did you miss the memo?

It's simply inconsiderate to put a full box in the limited space of a dumpster. It's just another sign of your complete and utter laziness.

georgelesley

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 03:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Drives me crazy to try and update my "lifetime" updates for the GPS. I thought it meant lifetime free (or at least paid for) map updates. I now believe it means it will take you a lifetime to wade through all the sales pitches to buy more stuff and make it as aggravating as they can to get what you paid for so that you eventually give up.

George & Lesley
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A

Trish Davis

eastern Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

People who don't stop to let pedestrians cross.

People who act as if turn signals are optional.

People who give me grief about my handicapped tag.
YOU have a laminectomy and a spinal fusion, then tell me how far you can walk.

Hammerhead

Moon Base 5

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 04:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The laws regarding center "refuge" lanes where drivers can turn left from either direction vary from state to state. Here in Oregon, it's legal to pull into the lane when turning onto the road, but you are required to stop and wait for an opening in traffic. Some drivers just pull into that lane and keep speeding up as if it were a freeway onramp.

7.3 psdman wrote:

hyattjlbb wrote:

People that use the center turn lane of a road as an on-ramp because they can't wait until traffic stops from both directions to pull out from a driveway.

People that have to order food for the whole office (on seperate orders of course) in the drive through line at McD's or other fast food joint.

People that drive with their dogs in their laps.

The reason people have to use the turn lane as an access is because people want to hog the road so bad that they will even change lanes to try to keep people from pulling onto the road. Yes! I will pull out into a center lane if I have to because nobody will give you a chance to get out otherwise.

webecreekin

Las Cruces, NM 88005

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 05:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

...Break down your boxes you morons...It's just another sign of your complete and utter laziness...

Interesting. If I don't think the way someone else does I'm a moron and am completely and utterly lazy.

This is an action that melts my brain.

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab--Duramax/Allison
2009 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS

www.cedarcreekrvownersclub.com

2oldman

Moses Lake

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My former employer (a city government) is so technologically lame that to change my mailing address (the only way to get a W-4) I have to fill out a paper form and mail or fax it to them. And now that I see the form I know why: a signature.

Gotta love old bureaucracy, inefficiency and 'the way we've always done it.' The state has W4s online, but no, this department would never do that. I know, I used to work there, and fighting the old guard was a bigger job than my actual job.

I liked Michael Scott's line in The Office: "Fax? Why don't I just send it over on the back of a dinosaur?"

* This post was last edited 02/28/12 09:55am by 2oldman *   View edit history

Lady Fitzgerald

Tempe, AZ, USA, Earth

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

...I liked Michael Scott's line in The Office: "Fax? Why don't I just send it over on the back of a dinosaur?"

I still can't understand why faxes are still used.

2oldman

Moses Lake

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 03:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lady Fitzgerald wrote:

Good question. My opinion is that some businesses still think they're "secure" whereas email is not. There may be a grain of validity in that, but they also are willing to conduct the most sensitive of business via the US mail. There's only one word for that: they're cheap.

I can't count on the fingers of one hand how many times I've gotten someone else's email (zero), but it would take all my fingers to count the number of times I've received someone else's paper mail.

Lady Fitzgerald

Tempe, AZ, USA, Earth

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 08:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Lady Fitzgerald wrote:

Good question. My opinion is that some businesses still think they're "secure" whereas email is not. There may be a grain of validity in that, but they also are willing to conduct the most sensitive of business via the US mail. There's only one word for that: they're cheap.

I can't count on the fingers of one hand how many times I've gotten someone else's email (zero), but it would take all my fingers to count the number of times I've received someone else's paper mail.

Most email is insecure unless one uses password protected PDFs (those are more secure than a fax). Depending on the systems in use, faxes are not all that secure. Generally, an office will have one fax machine for several people so anyone can see one. Password protected PDFs can be seen only by the person seeing the PDF.

Doctor's offices normally will not leave results of tests, etc. on answering machines or voice mail because anyone can access them. I have to assure my doctors, etc. that is ok to leave messages because I am the only one who can access them.

Electonic data transmission is more easily intercepted than many people think. Voice mail can be hacked into; mere random dialing can get into one. Answering machines can also be remotely hacked into but are more difficult since they are PIN protected. Still, electronic transmission is more efficient, faster, cheaper, and destroys fewer natural resources than paper mail (I class fax with paper mail because, even though electronically transmitted, paper is involved at one or both ends). With proper precautions, electronic transmission can be more secure than even courier transmitted paper documents.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 30  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Actions that melt my brain
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS