|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> buying of ebay

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
sbmowrey

sc

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/11 08:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought mine of Ebay and the seller delivered it with me paying for the fuel. I paid him in full after delivery. Could not be happier. I had a few more that I was interested in but didn't feel comfortable with the way things seemed and passed on them.

2006 Mandalay 40G
2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Raymon

Phoenixville, PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/11 09:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a class A from an ebay seller last fall. Because the owner had a bank loan and did not have clear title, I had to jump through hoops to close the deal. I only made the down payment via PayPal; I paid off their bank loan and directly received the title; made the final payment via cashier's check when owner signed the title over to me. I inspected the unit before I made an offer and made payment. In the end, I got a very good deal. I am sure not all transactions on ebay end well; just have to be extra careful.

Ray

maryvillept

Jackson, MO

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/11 09:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be careful! Make sure you see it inperson first. Bought mine on eBay and they forgot to mention the cracked glass, roof tears, etc. I got it 3000 below blue book but after 500 for repairs, it's frustrating. I would always check it out in person and talk to them on he phone. My seller was dorabandr. I would avoid them.

2012 Chevy 3500hd crew cab short bed. 6.0 L, 4x4
16k Reese slider hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 38' toy hauler

dalmationlovers

Bremerton, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/11 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know that lots of people have had success on items from ebay. I have purchased small items, but nothing as large as that. IMHO I wouldn't go to the expense and hassle of that route. I believe there is way to much inventory on a local bases and something that you can drive to and look at first hand before your even think of buying. At that point you can have it inspected and then deal on it. But again JMHO

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/11 10:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As long as you inspect it first, to make sure it is as advertised, and that the title is clear, there should be no problem. I've sold several Classic cars in excess of $100,000 and never had a problem BUT I insisted every buyer inspect the vehicles BEFORE bidding.
There are some reputable dealers that sell their RV's on eBay and can handle all of the details. There are also new car dealers that sell their inventory on eBay at heavily discounted prices.
EBay is as safe as you make it. All it takes is a little common sense, and keeping in mind the old saying......"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't."

barnaclebill

Atlanta Michigan or towards the sun

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/11 11:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did not buy "off" Ebay exactly, I found it listed on Ebay (and several other RV for sale sites) I did all my questions through Ebay, viewed a TON of photos of the coach on Ebay but purchased it after a top to bottom inspection, drove it and ran every system to make sure it was not in-op. We did a bank to bank wire funds transfer and I drove away with the M/H. That was in 2005 and we are still happy with our Newmar MountainAire 41' DP. I would never buy sight unseen!

2003 41' Newmar Mountain Aire
400 Cummins
Jeep Liberty
Blue Ox Brake Buddy

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/11 11:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Although never a RV, I have bought and sold many hot rods off ebay. Never had someone inspect one of my vehicles even though they sold for more than some of these coaches. Disclosure and personal phone calls are the keys. I would not do business strictly through emails....JMHO...YMMV......Dennis

MY SENSE OF HUMOR IS THE MAIN REASON I'LL MOST LIKELY GO TO HELL !
Dennis and Debi Fifth Year Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

cjalphonso

Columbia, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/11 01:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I put money down on unit for sale by a camping world in ohio. Flew up there to pick it up and drive home. Unit was completely mis-represented.
I asked if there was any leaks, they said no, I found 3 in 5 minutes.
I asked if the tires where in good shape, they said yes, completely dry rot.
I asked if there were any delamination problems, they said no, found one large one when I got there.
Opened the generator compartment and the tray was about to fall out from all the rust from the salt they put on there roads. Told them to give me my money back and bring me back to the airport.

A week later I bought one off ebay just across town from me

Point is, you never know until you actually put your hands on it.
Good Luck.

kjburns

Show Low, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/11 01:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought our first motorhome on eBay with no problems. The dealer was in state (about 100 miles away), so I could have easily brought it in if there were any issues. The purchase went pretty smoothly, except a delay in getting the permanent license. Eventually they sent a second temporary plate, followed by the real plate.

2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD

randallb

On the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/11 03:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had numerous new/one time customers who purchased their BMWs off of e-bay. I never saw one that was worth the price the customer paid for it. Be careful! Be very very careful!
Randy

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> buying of ebay
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS