RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Jayco 24SS battery cutoff relay location?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Jayco 24SS battery cutoff relay location?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Westronics

Redmond, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/11 02:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think my relay is inoperative now. The switch no longer does anything, and the 12-volt lights dim and go bright by themselves with no reason (no change in electrical load)

The switch works, I think.

So I need to check (probably replace) the relay. Anyone know where it is in my rig (Jayco 24SS) - you can save me some search time and guesswork.

It's really wonky. Once I find it, I'll order a replacement and swap it out and see what happens (if it is not too expensive - otherwise I may troubleshoot some more).

2002 Jayco Greyhawk 24SS, Camera, ScanGauge, Inverter, Airtabs, Portabote, SeeLevel II, Tireman valves, Xatnrex Battery Monitor, Aero-flo vent, Trik-L-Start, XPS Rib, Chains, Lil' Stanker, Be kind to septic systems Ford: 1-800-444-3311. RV Tires

GrumpyandGrandma

CIncinnati, OH

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/11 02:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In our 2001 Desinger it was hidden behind the battery. If you pulled the battery tray out it was on the back wall. Hope that helps.

Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!

c_liner

Union Mills, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/11 07:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2005 Jayco 24SS. The relay on mine is located on the rear panel of the battery compartment. Slide the battery tray out and you can put your hand on the relay while someone throws the switch. You can feel and hear it if it is working. Good luck!

Westronics

Redmond, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/11 10:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

c_liner wrote:

2005 Jayco 24SS. The relay on mine is located on the rear panel of the battery compartment. Slide the battery tray out and you can put your hand on the relay while someone throws the switch. You can feel and hear it if it is working. Good luck!

Thanks. I think you just saved me some time and guesswork.

lmholt

Houston

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/11 04:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My battery cutoff quit working, also, on a 2005 Greyhawk 31SS. But the coach 12v systems all still work. I assume the relay failed in closed position. If this is true, and I don't need the cutoff switch, then is it ok to simply leave things the way they are, or should I try to bypass the relay?

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/11 10:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not a Jayco but the battery disconnect is located at the back of my battery compartment too. I was just researching the device and figured out that it is an Intellitec part. (01-00055-000) The trouble shooting manual says to check the fuses first! I read somewhere that the switch can be the culprit too. Neither seems to be a reason for the lights to dim while the power is connected though. I'll be interested in your fix.

We're hooked!
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e

j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/11 08:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill,

Latching solenoid that looks like it'd work is pictured here.

Have you found yours/troubleshot it?

God Bless, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100

j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/11 09:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just found this one from KIB, the folks who make our tank monitor panels. It looks like the one I found on the inside wall of our battery compartment. Pic doesn't show it, but it incorporates a fuse. Don't know if the fuse protects line/load or control voltage.KIB Latching Relay
Here's a pic

Ours was mounted inverted from this pic. The yellow label is the same on ours and the KIB part pictured.
Guess you could troubleshoot it by simply clipping a heavy gauge jumper across the two large terminals.

lmholt

Houston

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/11 10:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven't has time to fix the relay yet, but thanks the replies I now have a game plan. Will need to remove the battery to get to the relay. then check for presence of a fuse and investigate. next step, if fuse ok is to jumper around the relay and see if that changes anything. last step is to buy and install a replacement relay.

thanks for the help. I will report on results (but don't hold your breath; I am a notorious procrastinator!)

j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/11 11:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Procrastinators' Conference scheduled for next week has been postponed indefinetly.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Jayco 24SS battery cutoff relay location?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS