|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Rear slide out bed

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
travelstar

Maine

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/11 02:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are looking at a 2011 Outback 210RS. We are wondering if anybody had any comments on the rear slide out beds. Do they stay warm or do they get cold and damp like the Hybird campers? We have Starcraft 19CK camper. We love the camper, but we would like to get away from the tent bed. When it is rainy, they are cold and damp.

MNFox

Medina, MN

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/11 04:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the Jayco 213 with the rear slide. It is well sealed so it doe not get damp. I can be colder since it is exposed on five sides.

Phathead

tn

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/11 06:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a rear slide and loved it. No dampness. Cold is realative. Normal three season in TN not a problem. Ohio in Nov and upper teens with wind the spot I was laying in was just fine, but move and it was cold. Its nothing that a heated mattress or some foam under new the mattress couldn't help.

Dog Folks

Naples, Fl. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/11 07:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have an Outback with a rear slide out, queen sized bed. We full time in this unit and it is my sister in laws "bedroom."

In weather under 30 degrees the area is slightly cooler, but an electric blanket solves that problem.

The slide area does not get "damp" and is very cozy.

Camping Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS
We also have with us a "fur baby." A Chihuahua mix.

Full time since June 2006

BUFFALODAN

Buffalo NY

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/11 08:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our rear queen slide stays nice and warm. We also had a hybrid prior to our current trailer. Much quieter, warmer, and drier than the tent end sleeping area. The Outback is a very nice, quality trailer.

2006 KZ Frontier 2505
2006 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD
2014 Chevy Silverado Double Cab 4WD
1 DW
3DD's

kodiakcanuck

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/11 08:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Travelstar, I am upgrading from our hybrid for the same reason, and wondered about that as well on rear slide units. Everything I read seems to indicate it is warm and not damp like our hybrids.

I am waiting on a Kodiak 240KSSL to come in from the dealer so I can close the deal. Enjoy your Outback if you get it, we looked at them as well, very nice units, but the ones we looked at had white cupboards which we didn't like.

best of luck.

2011 Kodiak 240KSSL
Husky Center Line WDH
2010 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4, 3:55, 5.7L - at last, a HEMI
2007 Kodiak 214 HTT (prior)

nascarjody88

Spring TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/11 04:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we had the hybrid & traded it in on the sprinter with a rear king slide bed. We manage to keep the whole trailer warm with a radiant heater. it is a world of difference comming from the hybrid to the full TT.

2010 keystone sprinter 300kbs. Pulled by a 2007 Dodge 3500 quad cab 5.9 auto.

HappyTrails2U2

Tennessee is home but being held hostage in GA.

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/11 07:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

travelstar wrote:

Do they stay warm or do they get cold and damp like the Hybird campers?

You'll like the rear slide out in the bedroom. We live in our trailer except for an occasional weekend when we go home to Georgia and we've spent the past two winters in temperatures that have gotten down into the single digits and it's as warm as the rest of the trailer. We don't use electric blankets or anything like that and we stay very comfortable. We don't turn the heat down at night we keep it at the same temperature day and night. We also run a dehumidifier in our trailer year around so we've never had any condensation.

2010 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8315BSS
2003 Chevy Silverado 1/2 Ton Extended Cab

mtkbuckeye

Clinton, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/11 08:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have one and while I like the fact that it gives more room the ONLY drawback I have at least in my model trailer is that you have to climb up to get to it. Plus anyone over 6'2" would have a tough time in the length of the bed. Make sure you lay in one before you buy to see that you fit.

Weather issues have never been a problem for us. It stays nice and warm. We bought this trailer after our pop up and kind of know of what we speak. Not anywhere near the same. In both our pop up and our current trailer we have a 3' memory foam mattress on top of the trailer mattress. My wife says the trailer bed is more comfortable than the home bed!!

2005 Salem
2004 Ford Excursion Limited 6.0L 4x4 Diesel

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

SK Newt

Saskatchewan, CAN

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/11 12:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2007 Jayco 213 Exp. I agree with the previous post - I am 6'2" and could not fit in all of the 2007 rear slide models at the time.

The only condensation problems we have had is with the top front bunk. We have changed out the light for a light / fan combo and solved the issue.

We have also added a 3" memory foam to the queen bed. It's worth the money.

Good luck in your search.

You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Rear slide out bed
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS