|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Yuma Rentals

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
boonergj@aol.com

Grand Junction, Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/11 09:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We spend a lot of the winter months in and around Yuma. We have a 5th wheel and stay in a park, but we have friends that would like to spend time in Yuma in winter. They do not have RV. Anyone know of rental condos or trailers that get rented out for snowbirds?

HIGHFLYER

Yuma, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/11 09:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Park model rentals at Country Roads RV Resort are nice and the best park in Yuma.

Gemstone

Yuma, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/11 10:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Use google...search on "park model rv rentals in yuma"....

Regards
Gemstone

'06 Elite Suites TK3, '95 KW T-600, '08 Softail Classic , '06 Softail Deuce

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/11 01:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What above posters said. Also the Whitesheets and the Yuma Sun. Don't bother looking there now as the ads and the people have disappeared. If you arrive before them look at the bulletin boards in Yuma East Laundry and Hanks Market. Both have many ads at the start and during the season. Many rentals available on private lots in the Foothills. A friend of ours has been renting a 5er on a private lot for 3 years now. There is no shortage of rentals and prices vary.

samsontdog

Oregon, Wash Coast summer, Yuma Az winter

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/11 10:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look on Craigs List under RENTALS. There are still ads there Rentals for rent starting in Oct or Nov 2012

samsontdog

freeneasy

Alberta and everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/11 07:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sun Vista RV resort. No problem getting rentals for 5 months, but if you are only looking for Jan or Feb , good luck, as these are the prime months and the rv owners want to rent for the full winter if possible. I must disagree about Country Roads, as a resident of Sun Vista I feel we are a bit nicer.

ellie0149

Qualicum Beach, BC

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/11 11:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We rented a Park Model last year and found it on Craigslist. We checked with the park and asked lots of questions. Make sure you do your homework before sending any money. Check with the park etc to make sure it is a legit owner posting the ad. Lots of scams.Good luck

2007 Cougar 292 RKS
2001 GMC Sierra 2500 HD 4x4

orrenb2

oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 11:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the tip... I'll check the area out... but we kinda like having the woodworking and lapidary shops available... and a restraunt right in the park... and the pools and hot tubs... etc... and entertainment coming right to the park... not just a place to camp...

Gemstone

Yuma, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/12 09:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

orrenb2....With so many nice spacious private lots for rent in the Yuma Foothills area, I would never stay in an cramped/crowded/overpriced RV park. Go explore the area, see if it's right for you. Follow 32nd street east to the end and turn right. the neighborhoods there are nice, clean/paved streets with private lots for rent....just start driving up and down the streets looking for "for rent" signs.

Regards
Gemstone

orrenb2

oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 04:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We made a reservation at country roads about 3 months ago for 3/6/12 for a month... got there yesterday (3/6/12) and tried to understand their rental contract (about 6 pages) which, among other things, wanted a $250 deposit for damage and cleaning (this was a gravel lot for a motorhome) and a clause that said they would transfer the deposit according to some form or schedule that they could not produce. I had called country roads to reconfirm our reservation about 2 weeks ago... and was told at that time that we had to have power turned on at our site... I looked again at the web site and it says that electric is supplied for a monthly rental so didn't do anything.. although I did call the power company and they wanted my social security number and $25 to turn it on... This is nuts... so when we got there and got TOTALLY upset about the rental process we left and went to Sun Vista... which seems to be a nice park about a mile east... kinda hard to maneuver a 40 ft motorhome into some of their sites... but seems to be nice so far... although after I got set up today and was looking forward to an ice cream (open daily till 4) and got there at 330 they were closed... and when I asked the desk about it they said she didn't open today because it was too cold (it's 65 in the shade right now)... so I was disappointed in that instance...

Anyway, to make a long story short, CR seems to be a very nice place... but I would HIGHLY recommend renting from an owner instead of from the number on their web site which seems to be a real estate company.... problem is I have not yet found a way to get a listing of lots for rent privately... there is a board which has postings from owners themselves... but you have to be there to read the board...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Yuma Rentals
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS