|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> 2009 Ford Escape - Flat Towing Problems

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Journeyer

Full timer

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/11 08:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Update: The part will finally be here tomorrow and I just hope this fix will really do it. Supposedly the new part has been redesigned since they "fixed" the same thing last year. So wish me luck because I hit the road again Thursday!

Solo lady full timer having the time of her life!
My Journey Journal

Malia's Miles - info for RVers

macadoo100

mich.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/11 06:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi
Good news,your on the road again.I wish you good luck on your way to mich with your new trans.We got ours back today.Hopefully this one will last a long time.Have a safe trip.
Jim

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/11 07:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Remco would like to formally announce the new LP-FORD Lube Pump Kit for all Ford vehicles equipped with the 6F35 transmission. Mainly found in 2009-2011 Ford Escape, Fusion, and Mercury Mariner.

Remco is aware that Ford endorses the 6F35 transmission is towable as is, BUT there are towing restrictions indicated in the “towing section” of the vehicle owners manual. To date Remco has received hundreds of calls from end-users and dealers alike with concerns about those restrictions.

The Remco LP-FORD kit will now allow the vehicle to be towed without any restrictions. The Remco LP-FORD kit has been tested and meets all of the manufactures specifications.

Towing the Escape, Fusion, and Mariner

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Journeyer

Full timer

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/11 07:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks a bunch, Jim, and I wish the same good luck to you in your travels! Have you seen my MI plans? If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear from a local guy like you! [emoticon]

Dutch - thanks for that input. I'd seen that info previously about the Remco kit. But, as I discovered as I researched this issue more, it's not just that the Escapes have trouble when they're towed - the transmissions are failing numerous times even for people who never tow. And I don't have any problem with the "restrictions" as they are outlined in the manual - they're reasonable enough to me and not burdensome.

Supposedly the new, redesigned parts they just installed, keeping the transmission fluid from being overfilled (the new dipstick really helps with that) will be the fix and I can continue down the road trouble-free. Hopefully I'm not being too naively optimistic!

But if I have more problems and the Remco kit is okayed by Ford without voiding my warranty, I will definitely look into it. I'm going to send this link to a Ford Service & Parts Manager I really came to trust and see what she says and will report back here with any info I get.

Thanks so much!

enufsenuf

home

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/11 01:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch, thanks for sharing the info. concerning the fact that Ford has requested support with the 6 spd. auto. trans. defect in the Ford Fusions ans Escapes, thru REMCO.
After we experienced our FIRST trans. failure in our Fusion we thought it was a once in a lifetime occurance. After we experienced our SECOND total meltdown we inquired with the manufacturer about installing a lube pump. They said they would not do it and if we had on installed it would void the warranty. After contacting REMCO in Oct. 2010 they said the vehicle was declared flat towable by the manufacturer and there was no lube pump available for the 2010 Fusion. Times have changed we are currently on our FOURTH trans. and know that this is a regular occurance for anyone who flat tows.
Now Ford had decided to seek HELP with the defective transmission situation. The fact that a lube pump is installed will not void the Manufacturer's warranty, refer to Mangnuson-Moss Warranty Act (1994).
The jury is out as to if Ford will: discontinue offering the Fusion/Escape as flat towable; or if they will install the lube pump prior to sales to keep the Fusion/Escape in the stable of offered vehicles suitable for flat towing; or if the consumer will have to install the lube pump to pervent damage even if Ford continues to advertise the vehicles as rec. towable as is.
Anyone experiencing meltdowns with the 6 spd. auto. trans. in the Fusions or Escapes please contact us.

mm047

Green Valley, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/11 08:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Remco says they will be shipping the part starting June 15, and that they have a big demand. They are also giving some sort of priority to those of us who contacted them early about the possible availability.

The pump retails for $995, and will need about 6 hours labor time to install. I guess it can be a DIY, but I'm going to have it done professionally. Then I'm going to have a Ford Dealer check it all out.

I wrote to Ford about warranty info and about them helping out with the cost. The reply I got made it clear that the warranty was not effected. Cost??????????

Mile M.

2008 Winnebago View 24J
2010 Mercury Mariner
Ready Brute Elite and Blue Ox

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> 2009 Ford Escape - Flat Towing Problems
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS