RV.Net Open Roads Forum: For the gals: How did you make your TT homey?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> For the gals: How did you make your TT homey?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
4hapyMcDs

Southern Ont. Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/11 11:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did add in an over sized over stuffed fabric stool, it sits on the oneside of our sofa and matches the sofa perfect, i have it up against the sofa so it looks like an L shape. it is great for rainy days as we can sit back and stretch out, also is great for an extra sitting area for my DD, along with that we travel with my 2 furry children, 1 being a german shepherd and anothe is a australian shepherd, so it is extra sleeping space for them as they own the couch takes up a little floor space but is great comfort...

The outdoors is a wonderful place to be....

WandaLust2

TN

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/11 03:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4hapyMcDs wrote:

where do people find camping outdo0r theme decorations. I love our trailer looking and having the feeling of outdoors, camping.

Outdoor World/Bass Pro Shops has a lot of outdoor theme decorations. I get lost in that department. If you can sew you can find fabric at places like JoAnns with camping, hunting, fishing and other outdoor themes. Some Wal*Mart stores also carry fabric.

WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
Heartland 2011 NorthTrail 28BRS
1993 Ford Dutchman Class-C

bakerkids

IL

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/11 06:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4hapyMcDs wrote:

Today I hit it lucky, having a hard time finding camping signs,outdoor themed items. I actually came across a cute little bedroom lamp with trees on it. The most luck i have finding camping decorations is the campground stores and they dont offer a lot of choices. Stores seems to offer anything for people with cottages but what about us with campers. My most cherished find is my hanging clock with no numbers and it says whatever. where do people find camping outdo0r theme decorations. I love our trailer looking and having the feeling of outdoors, camping. Not like my home. It is my vacation home, my cottage on wheels. My TT, my summer getaway. For those who decorate where do you find your special finds. We stopped at Niagara Falls Ny today to a local store that is 3 sisters trading post, awesome store for trailer picture frames and ext.

Try here click
and
Etsy. I usually buy from a specific Etsy person, but can't locate her info right now. Maybe later...

Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
4 K9s
Our photos

4hapyMcDs

Southern Ont. Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/11 07:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our TT use to be tree's and bears with our new 5th wheel I changed the style and went seashells. I love to decorate in meaninful art. I took a picture of our foot prints in the sand and had it plaqued so it is now our key holder, I took the Myrtle Beach map, shrunk down pictures of our trip and made a collage over the map of our myrtle beach vacation, then I had it plagued. I had a small wall quilt hanging made up off summer themes, each square has a date on it from 1 to 31, it also reads camping calender "where memorries count not days. I also had a quilted round table cloth made with summer colours. I am sorry I am unable to post pictures, I am having trouble shrinky them down to fit. I love decorating the trailer to our own place. Love all your pictures also....

bakerkids

IL

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/11 08:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For many of you this will be over-the-top decorating, but if you're on Facebook you should check out this page. It's a fun group of woman, most of which own vintage trailers. Many of them are members of Sisters on the Fly.

The Royal Order of the Glamper

(edited to correct typo)

Slowmover

Corpus Christi, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/11 05:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 1983 Silver Streak trailer after we full-timed for most of 2007. Floors, curtains, and sofa were replaced. Had to replace floor rotted by toilet sprayer leak and the rest just needed some TLC (cabinet latches, window operators, etc) and a thorough cleaning of a "clean" trailer. (Pics start in the rear and coming forward). These were shot as part of a 115-pic CD sent to prospective buyers.

The next one will hopefully be in as nice condition, but with a rear bedroom configuration.

* This post was last edited 10/22/11 06:21pm by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

1990 35' SILVER STREAK Sterling, 9k GVWR
2004 DODGE 305/555 ISB, QC SRW LB NV-5600, 9k GVWR
Hensley Arrow; 15-cpm solo, 25-cpm towing

Slowmover

Corpus Christi, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/11 07:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ya'll lettin' this die off? I'm about to get another trailer and looking at all kinds of threads for ideas, not just to repeat what we did in the above. Don't have that budget this time, nor is the trailer as nice.

JenniferandJosh

texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 12:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sbocker: we have the same themes and lamp!!

Ok, I'm dense. Just realized we already covered that topic. Oops! But I gotta ask, where did you get that cute little canoe from?

“Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” -Jack Kerouac

JenniferandJosh

texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 12:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

68Monaco: holy cow you did a fantastic job on your trailer! Sooo cool and unique!

Kittykath

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 12:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 2012 glamper is already up to date bedding, cabinet and fabric-wise. I took the lead from the decor of model homes.

I added a few framed pictures, scented candles, accent lamps, plants, a wine rack, fancy Bath & Body soaps, good music, nice hand towels & centerpieces. I absolutely love spending a few minutes tidying up my camper back to showroom condition. I mean this is part of the reason people fall in love with them at the RV shows.

I also have small "guest kits" with shower items and a toothbrush for people that pop in and we invite to stay the night. Because we only have a queen pull-out airbed to offer, I invested in one set of good quality matching linens and pillows. I also keep a basket with extra swimsuits and PJ's for guests.

We have a summer seasonal site, so we never have to disassemble for travel, and we're always expecting guests. They bring the best beer!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> For the gals: How did you make your TT homey?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS