RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: NO CO /code -----Norcold refridgerator

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> NO CO /code -----Norcold refridgerator

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
NH Iceman

New Hampshire

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/11 07:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2003 southwind w22
My refridge is beeping and giving me a no co code.

I had this same thing happen two years ago. That time dealer fixed because coach was in shop.

This time i would like to avoid putting in shop.

Is there a reset? Suggestions????

I'm sure this is common it seems to happen in my driveway which is not flat when I leave it there not leveled for more than a few days.

Please help

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/11 07:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can turn it on and off ONCE, to reset it. If you need to do a hard reset, the instructions are on this website. You have to take a cover off of a PCB and short two pins together. The next time I have to do it, I am adding a switch.

BRYANTRV WEBSITE CLICKY LINK

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

NH Iceman

New Hampshire

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/11 07:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PCB whats that????

BigSkyBob

Helena, Montana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/11 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PCB=Printed Circuit Board.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ, 4 slides, 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab 4x4. Blue Ox, Garmin 7200 GPS, Doran Pressure pro on all 10, M&G Brake, 50 amp SurgeGuard, FMCA, Coachnet.

chastho

arkansas

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/11 11:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I'm sure this is common it seems to happen in my driveway which is not flat when I leave it there not leveled for more than a few days.
That is probably your answer. If it is out of level enough it will shut down. Try leveling the mh and see if it happens again.

NH Iceman

New Hampshire

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/11 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wher is the pcb usually located?
on fridge or other????

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/11 06:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is a VERY EASY reset and can happen with a number of reason, such as out of level, no propane, etc. The reset is so easy that I installed a "permanent" jumper just so I can do it whenever it happens to mine. I even cut a hole in the access panel so I don't have to remove it each time. You do not have to disconnect a bunch of wires, etc, even tho the reset procedure calls for it. I believe this is written that way to justify the bill that you get if you have to have a tech do it. Who knows?
All I know is that ALL I have had to do in the past was just short out one terminal to ground, with the refrigerator turned on, wait for the click, and then I am good to go. Takes less than a minute to do.
Here is the link to the reset procedure. Just note the contact(pin 15) that is shorted to ground. Take a jumper and short pin 15 to ground. Hold it until you hear the click, which is not very loud and usually takes less than 10 seconds. It will be successful when you see the "no co" light go out on your unit. Be sure to correct the condition that caused the "no co" or you are just wasting your time. In other words, if it was out of level, get things leveled before you do the reset. Norcold reset procedure
If you feel the need to go through the entire reset procedure then do it. I did the first time, until I heard from a tech that it really is not necessary.

ab7oh

Mead, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/11 11:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck on this problem. I had replaced my Power Control Board and still keep getting a NO CO (no cold) code and it turned out that the Thermistor was bad.(it is on the cooling fins inside the refer on the right side) If you go out side and open the Refer cover you will see the cover to the Power Control Board down and to the left, you have to remove the cover and short pin 15 to ground ( it is the second pin on the top row from the left, it a open hole between 2 wires, you have to have the power from 12 volts hooked up and the Refer turned on, when it is shorted you will hear a click.)If it does not fix it you can check the Diagnostic codes by pushing the Temp and Mode buttons at the same time for about 3 seconds and than push the Mode button until screen 3 comes up and it will display the fin temp, if it is way hi you need a new Thermistor. I drilled a hole in my cover so I can stick a wire into the pin with out removing the cover.

AB7OH Richard & Roxanne
2004 Bounder 35E
99 Chevy Malibu & 93 Chevy S10 Blazer 4X4 Toad,VIP TOW BRAKE.
Click below to veiw my homepage.
home.comcast.net/~ab7oh/

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/11 12:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the back of the fridge. You need to look up your fridges service manual on the website I linked you to. It has complete instructions, pictures, etc. If you aren't comfortable doing that, then you should take it to a service facility before you damage something or injure yourself.

kalynzoo

Los Angeles , California

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/11 02:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My understanding is that once the NoCode flashes you only have ONE chance to correct the problem and reset the frig. Then it locks out and requires a hard-boot. I had a mobile tech reset mine. He unplugged all or most of the circuit board, shorted the board with a paper-clip, and then plugged everything back in. I believe the problem I had was the MH was off level overnight.
Personally I would call a mobile repair. The fix takes only a few minutes by a competent tech.
Good Luck

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> NO CO /code -----Norcold refridgerator
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS