|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Hydrogen system

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
Sponsored By:
kokois1

US

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/25/11 07:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone on the forum installed the hydrogen system made and produced by Mary Meadows in Arizona? How much increase in mileage did you experience? Any problems with the system? I saw where the cost is $2,500.00.

Thanks!

Steve and LuAnne Faulk
Spanish Fort, Alabama
Golden Retriever: KoKo

2010 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 33U
Ford V10 Power Platform

Steve and LuAnne
2010 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 33U
Ford V10 Power Platform
Golden Retriever: KoKo

kaydeejay

SE Michigan, USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/11 07:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Meadows installed the system on her car, a 1977 Cadillac El Dorado.

"That car went from 8 miles per gallon to 32," she said.""

Yeah right! I'd need to see a report from an accredited independent test lab before I spent $2.50, let alone $2500.

Search on Hydrogen or HHO or Brown's gas on the forum and see what you come up with.
If any of these systems actually worked, the inventor would be a billionaire by now!
Electricity generated by the cars alternator is used to produce hydrogen. Generally speaking 70% of the energy used in production is returned when the Hydrogen is burned.
Net result is actually LOWER mpgs. Mythbusters tried it on a RAV4 and lost around 2mpg.

Keith J.
1999 Sunnybrook 27RKFS Fiver.
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC/SB/DA 2WD, LLY with LBZ air cleaner, 52 gal Titan tank, Bilsteins, Line-X, Westin steps, Prodigy, Retrax cover, 16K Superglide, 5th-Airborne pin-box, Multi-vex mirrors, TST TPMS.

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/11 08:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reputable scientific study shows it takes more energy to produce hydrogen than is produced by using it with todays technology.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

kd8wdave

Middletown,OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/25/11 07:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Save your money, 'Mary' does not have a clue, and it is a scam!!

ticat900

canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/11 07:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

snake oil.Those systems were flying around BC and alberta in 1996-98 or so
waste of time and money.The ole if its too good to be true it aint true
The thing is a scam end of story

Mick1152

Here

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/25/11 07:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pretty sure Mythbusters did this and busted it..

However, I have seen many forums who talk about a 10-25% increase in gas mileage.

So lets just say you do in fact get a 25% increase in mileage

If you drive 5000 miles a year in an RV getting 6 MPG you will use 833 gallons for a total cost of $3,333 in fuel (at $4/gal)

With a 25% increase in mileage you will be getting 7.5 MPG and will use 666 gallons for a total cost of $2,666 in fuel (at $4/gal) which saves you $600 a year.

This will take you 4.2 years to recover your cost of the system with those numbers.

However, IF this was a viable solution then it would be a major mass produced system by some company with patents and stuff and likely would be at the very least an available option on new cars.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion this is nothing more than snake oil. People making claims of great gas mileage increases are either:
1: Trying to sell you something
2: Trying to justify the money they have wasted

Mick
1998 Fleetwood Bounder 36S Ford Chassis
1999 Chevy Malibu LS Toad

~The difference between Ordeal and Adventure is Attitude~
Get Dropbox!

Golden_HVAC

Fulltime, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/11 08:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,

I built a HHO generator for about $20 in scrap parts, and it does make bubbles. By adding 1/4 pound of baking soda to the water, it becomes really high PH, so it is hydrogen rich, and conducts power easy. It will make a lot of bubbles, and will use about 40 amps at 12 volts.

Now I am to scared to hook it up to my new car, and the motorhome engine is to difficult to get at if I need to rebuild it or break a rod or something, so I am not going to try it with that engine either. So what to do?

Yes I have read on the internet about people getting 32 MPG with a fuel injected 80's 4 cylinder Camry, but not 32 MPG with a carburated Cadilac. That is a bit of a streach, and if they are willing to lie about that then they probably will lie about everything else.

They might be quoting a MPG meter, and every once in a while, when coasting, the MPG meter reads 32 MPG for a couple of secconds, then goes back to 12 MPG. And a good tune up, and running the engine lean will improve the MPG from 7 to 12.

Yes I also saw a video on the internet of a guy who made several of these HHO uints for his company vans, and claims he got about 15% better mileage. He also demonstrated the unit, using a water bottle and set it on a sandbag, filled it with bubbles from his HHO unit, and lit it with a BBQ lighter. It sailed across the soccor field, and left the picture. I think the inventer thought the water bottle would only fly about 100 feet, but it took off more than 600'.

Fred.

MaverickBBD

Formerly of Bellingham, Wahington, U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/11 09:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

skipnchar wrote:

Reputable scientific study shows it takes more energy to produce hydrogen than is produced by using it with todays technology.

I worked in a refinery for twenty seven years and the first unit I had to learn to operate made 98% pure hydrogen, about 50 thousand scf/day. You this gasoline and diesel is expensive to make? Hydrogen require a tremendous amount of energy. Even if you can separate the hydrogen atoms from water (which we did) the byproduct it CO and Co2 which has to be removed with potassium hydroxide. Better have a BIG trunk to haul around the catacarb. towers. It's a big time hoax!

Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107

CISCO8325

Peoria,az.

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/11 08:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

well they can install it in my rv and I can report to you all. I live close

Dutch_12078

Great Sacandaga Lake, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/25/11 08:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ask the good doctor what the results were when she submitted her system to the EPA under their low cost mileage improvement testing program for inventors. Anyone that shows a legitimate mileage increase without screwing up the emissions in those tests will become very wealthy.

Dutch
1995 Coachmen Catalina 322QBXL
F53 chassis, 460 V8, TST TPMS
Quadra Bigfoot EZE Levelers
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Hydrogen system
Search:   Advanced Search