RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Lance 881... Anyone have one?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Lance 881... Anyone have one?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
garryk6

Kodiak, AK

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/11 01:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Saw this on E-bay
Lance 881 9 ft Short Bed Camper
I had been thinking of shortening my 10ft Long Avion because of my Shortbed Ford, but after seeing the massive camper on the Shortbed Ford, I am thinking of just completing my build to keep the COG forward, and the weight to a minimum.
Anyone know the Width, Weight and height of this Lance?
Thanks in advance,
Garry in Alaska

Garry K
Wife + 4 kids
Retired Military Family.... Alway's on the move....
2002 F350 CCSB 5.4 6spd 4x4 in AK
1966 Avion C-10 Truck Camper

JoeVita

Phoenix, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/11 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Lance Max 881 and couldn't be happier with it. Since my garage would not handle a long bed truck I was limited to a short bed and the Lance Max fit the bill perfectly. However, I would not consider it unless you have a short bed dually and to my knowledge only Ford has them. It is heavy and a SRW truck I don't feel would be safe with it no matter how you might modify it. If you still want the specs, let me know.

06 Ford F-350 Crew Cab SB DRW 4x2 Diesel Automatic, Reese Class V hitch
05 Lance Max 881, Happijac Tiedowns, FastGuns with Locks, Struts,
Circle J two horse, slant load Horse Trailer
One Appendix Quarter Horse Gelding Dun Color

garryk6

Kodiak, AK

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/11 01:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeVita wrote:

I have a Lance Max 881 and couldn't be happier with it. Since my garage would not handle a long bed truck I was limited to a short bed and the Lance Max fit the bill perfectly. However, I would not consider it unless you have a short bed dually and to my knowledge only Ford has them. It is heavy and a SRW truck I don't feel would be safe with it no matter how you might modify it. If you still want the specs, let me know.

What is your dry and wet weights with the 881?
How many inches do you have that extend past the end of the bed?
Thanks for the reply!
Garry

2IVSWO

San Diego, California, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/11 05:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Garryk6 I just sent you a PM

2005 2500HD D/A
2006 Lance MAX 881 Loaded, Supersprings, Air Lift air bags, Vision type 81 wheels, Dunlop Sp-431 245/70/19.5 load range "H"

bobndot

NY

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/11 03:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see now that the 881 is not listed on that link . sorry wrong link .

The 881 should be less , about 200-300# less than the 1181 .

* This post was edited 06/04/11 03:18pm by bobndot *

bobndot

NY

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/11 03:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On top of this page , click the yellow 'get a quote' link and choose 881, then add the options you desire.
881 dry is 3600# with options ,no solar,no genny = about 4100-4200#. Add your personal stuff to this number , could be another 300-500#.
Looks like a SB dually would do it . I think Ford stopped producing the SB dually. You might have to look for a used truck.
A LB dually will work if you add a bed storage box to make up the 18" of room . The campers COG will still be over the axle at the same place .

http://www.lancecamper.com/local-cgi-bin/list_campers3

AISURFFISH

BERLIN MARYLAND

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/11 06:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the 881-2005 year. We did have a local sping shop add 2 additionalleaf springs it was about 500 bucks but the truck sits perfect now ...I have a sew f350.

2004 F350 V-10 GAS CREW CAB SHORT BED BLACK
THE LANCE MAX 881 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF BEER

A.M.S.A. MEMBERS HIM 1025/HER 1026/JUNIOR 93

MID ATLANTIC TRUCK CAMPER RALLY INFORMATION PAGE

garryk6

Kodiak, AK

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/11 10:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobndot wrote:

Found the info. on the 881.

Model: 2006 Lance MAX 881 8'11" Fits Short Beds

Dimensions & Capacities: Floor length: 8'11", Approximate dry weight (pounds): 3265, Approximate dry weight (pounds): N/A, Width (exterior): 96", Length (exterior): 17'0", Length (exterior): N/A, CG (center of gravity) - Short bed, CG (center of gravity): 41", Height (interior): 80", Fresh tank (gal): 30, Grey tank (gal): 30, Black tank (gal): 30, Propane (number of tanks/gal): 2/5, Refrigerator (cubic feet): 6 , Furnace (BTUs): 15,000/22,000.

Thanks to all the replys about this camper. My reason for the post was not to purchase this camper, but it was to help understand what is out on the market for Larger Short-bed campers.

As most of you know, I am fixing up a 1966 Avion. It is a 10ft camper, so I have 40" that extend past the end of my bed. It is currently empty, so my truck has no problem hauling it. As we look at designing the interior, I am trying to keep much of the weight forward or above the axle of the truck. (Water tank, Propane tanks appliances, Batteries etc) The original camper weighed about 1800 dry, but did not have a grey water system, and was balanced for an 8 ft box. I plan to not have a black tank by going with a recirculating toilet that can be dumped into a 5-gallon bucket or other suitable collection. And would like to have a 40 to 42 gallon fresh water tank. Preferably two 6V Trojan deep-cycle batteries. Planning for a 12DC compressor fridge with no roof vent.
So thanks for all your info, as it appears that I'll be able to keep it at 10ft if I pay attention to overall weight and COG.
Thank, Garry

JoeVita

Phoenix, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/11 09:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garryk6 wrote:

What is your dry and wet weights with the 881?
How many inches do you have that extend past the end of the bed?
Thanks for the reply!
Garry

The dry weight of my Max 881 taken from the factory Truck Camper Loading sheet is 3836 lbs. It includes the following optional equipment: 8'7" awning rollout 47 lbs
Air Conditioner 100 lbs
Generator LPG 110 lbs
Rear door awning 6'6" crankout 45 lbs

The limiting factor as to the space between the back of the truck and any obstruction on the camper is not from the end of the truck bed, but from the drivers side bumper. On the drivers of the camper is a box that contains the black/gray tank drains, the outside shower,and some storage space. It hangs down and is 8 inches from the drivers side rear bumper. I have all the measurements from the edge of the truck bed, but the limitation is the 8 inches mentioned and it cannot be modified.

I see from the pictures of the seller's truck that it is a SRW. I would really hesitate to put it on anything but a dually. My gross weight when fully loaded is just slightly under the GVWR of my 06 Ford short bed dually. On a SRW truck the camper would surely overload it.

bobndot

NY

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/11 06:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Found the info. on the 881.

Model: 2006 Lance MAX 881 8'11" Fits Short Beds

Dimensions & Capacities: Floor length: 8'11", Approximate dry weight (pounds): 3265, Approximate dry weight (pounds): N/A, Width (exterior): 96", Length (exterior): 17'0", Length (exterior): N/A, CG (center of gravity) - Short bed, CG (center of gravity): 41", Height (interior): 80", Fresh tank (gal): 30, Grey tank (gal): 30, Black tank (gal): 30, Propane (number of tanks/gal): 2/5, Refrigerator (cubic feet): 6 , Furnace (BTUs): 15,000/22,000.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Lance 881... Anyone have one?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS