RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Keystone Cougar Xlite vs Cruiser Viewfinder

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Keystone Cougar Xlite vs Cruiser Viewfinder

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
ReverendCharles

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/11 11:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I cant decide between these units, Cougar Xlite 24rls 5800lbs - Viewfinder V24SD 4178lbs, hitch weight 795+ - Viewfinder V27RBSS 4863lbs - Viewfinder V22RBDS 4535lbs. I like the 27RBSS best but worry about the 30' length. The 24SD is nice but has a heavy hitch weight and with the front kitchen most added weight will be on the hitch, also this unit is 7'6" wide and seems easiest to tow. The dealer told me to use a WD hitch and the weight will not be a issue even though my truck is rated at 1100lbs with a WD setup. I kind of favor Keystone for their outstanding customer service they gave me in the past but 5800lbs is getting heavy. 4 years ago I had a cougar 27rls 5th wheel that I bought used (1 yr old) and had major slide issues. I called Keystone and asked them what they can do to help fix the slide, they asked me alot of questions and said they would get back with me. I got a call around 2 weeks later by I think a head guy or someone way on top of the company. He asked a few questions and asked if I would bring it to a contracted service center so they can take a look at it. I took it in and told them that I needed it back in 2 weeks for the July 4th weekend. They called the day before I told them that I had to have it and said it was ready to pickup. I got there and the guy told me that they were told to work overtime to make sure the trailer was repaired by the date promised. I thought they adjusted something and was shocked when he did a walk through to explain the repairs made. New slide motors, gaskets, frame work, carpet and a lot more. They went through the entire unit replaces some blinds and did fixes here and there. The trailer was washed and looked like a display unit when I arrived. No bill at all just signed a paper that I picked it up. He also told me that a Keystone manager stopped by to inspect the repairs. I guess this is why I will feel guilty if I don't pick the Cougar. Tough choice and this is a real story. Any suggestions on the ones that I listed?

SteveRuff

Bacliff, Texas, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/11 06:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am thinking either one is going to be pretty tough no matter how long you marinate them! Try a lot of garlic, that improves everything.

Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

Roadtech

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/11 07:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would boil them for a couple of hours. That usually softens them up.

Shavano

Land of the Fourteeners, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/11 04:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved to General RVing

Camp Cooks

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Keystone Cougar Xlite vs Cruiser Viewfinder
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues