|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Best Used RV under 26' under $35,000 Advice

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
vtchris

vermont

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/11 06:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am interested in real life experiences with the quality of different RV's. Also gas mileage. I full time and am thinking about getting a new to me rig.

vtchris

vermont

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/11 06:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gas or diesel, layout doesn't much matter as long as it has a bed and a couch and a dinette (and bathroom and kitchen of course). I have looked at some Jaycos and the Citation Chateau.

turninghawk

Orlando, FL

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/11 06:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How about a 26' Class A? How many people do you need to sleep? If only 2, you'll enjoy much better use of space in a Class A of that size than a Class C, plus 26' Class A's are not highly sought after, and there should be some good buys available. Just a thought.

turninghawk

Orlando, FL

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/11 06:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

vtchris wrote:

There is just me. I wasn't aware that there were many small A's out there, but that is an excellent idea and I will post over in their forum as well.

I know for a fact that Winnebago, Itasca (same parent company), Fleetwood, Safari, and Allegro have made 25- to 26-footers in the past with nice, livable layouts, especially for just one person.

Good luck in your quest!

vtchris

vermont

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/11 06:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is just me. I wasn't aware that there were many small A's out there, but that is an excellent idea and I will post over in their forum as well.

cozzy

New York

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/11 08:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought a 2004 Coachman freelander 27' with only 6800 miles for $36,000. It was a bank repo with only one owner. The RV is in mint condition and the sofa still had the tags hanging on it. The tires have no wear on the treads but the sidewalls are cracking so I have to replace them. Other than that it is in excellant condtion.

crasster

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/11 08:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We love our Toyota Class C. Sure it's not the most powerful on the road but for a 4 cylinder, we do great. 22mpg. You can get ones in excellent shape for way under $30k if you look around.

Also the great thing is many people get over 200k on the engines & transmissions.

4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Pokey2

Bel Marin Keys, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/11 09:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We sold our 1986 Toyota Dolphin with 43K miles on it for about $6K several years ago. We averaged about 18 MPG during the time we had it. Underpowered (that’s why we called him Pokey), as Crasster says, but it’ll get you there. Convenient for one person if you’re willing to use the cab-over bunk.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Best Used RV under 26' under $35,000 Advice
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS