RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Washer/dryer noise. Surround sound. Is Bus worth premium?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Washer/dryer noise. Surround sound. Is Bus worth premium?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
nickhodson

Port Severn, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/11 08:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2005 36' Monaco Cayman that we are planning to trade for a 2012 Phaeton or Allegro Bus with a bath and a half.

I have three questions.

The Phaeton and Bus both have two bath and a half floorplans in a 40' and a 42'/43'. In the 40' Phaeton and the Bus the washer/dryer is located in the rear bathroom and in the 42'/43' it is in the hallway opposite the half bath. I had thought the rear bath location made more sense as the hallway location might make more distracting noise if a load of laundry was going at the same time someone wanted to watch TV. Anyone have any relevant experience?

The bath and a half floorplans of the Phaeton and the Bus are virtually identical. Anyone have any wisdom on the relative merits of the two models? I'd just like to hear from Phaeton/Bus people if they feel the premium for the Bus is worth it. I guess the questions would be if you have a Bus would you buy another one rather get the savings on a Phaeton? If you have a Phaeton would you consdier shelling out the additional cash for the Bus?

Finally, in either model the main TV is midships and the over dash TV is an option. As surround sound is standard and it is linked to the main midship TV. When you have the over dash TV is the midship TV surround sound activated and therefore laterally inverted? That is, would sounds that come from the right associated with a right side image on the midship TV appear to come from the left even though the image is on the right?

If anyone has other thoughts that would assist our decision making that would be much appreciated too.

Snowwolfe

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/11 10:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ask these guys:
http://www.tiffinrvnetwork.com/forum/index.php?sid=e3bb733a9e7286f24e1f4590ec056b06

chastho

arkansas

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/11 10:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know the price difference in the two but since Aqua-Hot is not available in the Phaeton I would have to go with the Bus. I have looked at the Phaerton and like everything about it but the heating system and rear radiator.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/11 11:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I pricd the washer/dryer v/s campground laundry room.. Came out bout break even.

Then I looked at the storage space the washer/dryer would take up and the tonnage (Weight) and .... Went with the campground laundry room.

Save for about half of last winter.... When it was closed due to plumbing issues. (But hey, I did not have to pay for the new water heater,, The campground did) I used a laundry in the city when that happened. We drove past it most Sundays anyway so it was feet out of our way.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Rich D.

New England

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/11 11:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a washer and dryer stacked in a closet a little aft of mid-way on a 45' bus. With the closet doors closed I cannot hear them running from up front.

Rich D. Wanderlodge M450 LXi

ShapeShifter

Buffalo, NY

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/11 12:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nickhodson wrote:

I had thought the rear bath location made more sense as the hallway location might make more distracting noise if a load of laundry was going at the same time someone wanted to watch TV. Anyone have any relevant experience?

We have the washer/dryer in the hallway in the middle of the rig. 99% of the time noise is not an issue. When agitating you may hear some slight splashing noises. When doing a fast spin there is a bit of a whine. While drying there is some constant noise from the fan. But none of it is distracting from the TV. The air conditioner is about 1,000 times louder, and the furnace is about 100 times louder than the washer/dryer. Those are annoying to me but the laundry is not. Even the FantasticFan in the ceiling vent is louder.

About the only time that the washer/dryer is a bit distracting for me is when doing a fast spin, the vibration can sometimes shake the rig and bounce it around a bit. I would think that would still be an issue regardless of location.

For me, I wouldn't let the laundry location be a deciding factor: convenience is more important than the noise.

2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PDQ LE
400 ISL Cummins/Allison
2013 Ford F-150 FX4 toad

Inside: Him, Her, and a pack of little furballs...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Washer/dryer noise. Surround sound. Is Bus worth premium?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS