|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Roadtrek 6.0 Chevy mileage

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
high_pockets

Kingwood,Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/11 03:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First time on this forum. Currently own a Winnie C an thinking about downsizing. I expect the 6.0 v-8 would not do better than 12-14 MPG
Any input?

Barman

Ashland, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/11 06:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I own a 2006 190 Versatile with the 6.0, and have the 4:11 rear gear with locking differential. I am a conservative driver, usually not going over 65 MPH and take it easy on the acceleration. I usually run 14.5 to 15.5 MPG but have done as good as 19 MPG. I am not unhappy with this mileage considering the weight of the van all loaded up for a trip.

sergeant76

New Bedford, MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/11 10:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On a trip I average approximately 17.5 miles per gallon, traveling between 60 - 65 MPH.

I also have the 6.0 engine, have no complaints with the exception of the problem I have fueling the RoadTrek on a long trip, and of course the macerator pump.

Ron

Ron & Rose Cabral
New Bedford, MA
2010 Chevy/RoadTrek 190 Popular
FMCA-303873 ~K1RRC~ RRCRT@aol.com

JoeRT04

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/11 07:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get usually around the 13-14 MPG avg., depending on driving conditions. Never less than 12 and never over 16.

But, my philosophy about this subject is that there's more to life than gas mileage. Enjoy the journey and... the simplicity of having a B (ease of parking, driving, set-up/down, etc.) That's what we got the Roadtrek for.

2011 KZ Durango 1500 D295CS 32 FT Fifth Wheel

Barman

Ashland, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/11 07:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with you Joe. Sometimes we tend to forget about the fun of getting somewhere, and get too wrapped up in just getting there fast. I am learning that it is much more enjoyable just taking my time and enjoying the trip. Now days I do my very best to not make itenaries on when we will be arriving some place. We just tell people we will be there when we get there. That doesn't always work, but I'm trying.

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/11 08:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am getting between 12 and 14 mpg on my new 2011 Roadtrek Chevy 6.0 v8. The engine is new and in the break in stages. I am hoping that this will improve in time. It is hard to judge on mpg - the generator is connected to the vehicle fuel tank and that is going to take down the calculated mpg. So far my mileage is a mix of local and highway driving. I have heard from others with this engine that it can get as good as 16-17 mpg highway. We shall see.

Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

high_pockets

Kingwood,Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/11 08:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To everyone who responded,thanks for the input. Looks like I was right on with the mileage.

retired4fun2002

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/11 07:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That 6.0 is an awesome engine. We have it in a '05 RT190P and the 3.73 - mileage almost mirrors Barman (Hi Steve/Chris). I installed a K&N Air Filter almost immediately and and believe this helps this heavily loaded machine keep respectable mileage. Safe travels.

mumkin

Minnetonka, MN

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/11 08:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CJBill wrote:

For some reason it will be significantly higher and on our western trips I seem to have done better on I-70 and I-40 than I ever do on I-95 between Maryland and Florida??

Interesting observation... is it because of the heavier traffic?

Mumkin
2011 LTV Libero

CJBill

Rockville Md.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/11 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased our previously owned 05/06 190 Popular with the 6.0 in May of 08. I recorded every gallon of gas and started a spread sheet for mpg. In 44,521 miles of driving our overall mileage is 14.42 mpg. I drive at 63-64 mph when on the highway sometimes a little more if traffic is pushing me and the slow lane is just too slow but never for very long. Looking at my numbers I estimate my highway mileage to average a little over 15, maybe 15.5. For some reason it will be significantly higher and on our western trips I seem to have done better on I-70 and I-40 than I ever do on I-95 between Maryland and Florida?? We really enjoy our van.

Bill

CJ is the better half.
05/06 Roadtrek 190 Popular
Rockville MD

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Roadtrek 6.0 Chevy mileage
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS