RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Need quick advice on ResistAll Rv protectorant

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Need quick advice on ResistAll Rv protectorant

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Road Miser

West Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/11 07:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK Guys, I am about ready to purchase my new rig on Saturday. The salesman is trying to sell me a product called ResistAll. The literature tells me: " ResistALL exterior is a Teflon based polymer that protects the exterior against fading, oxidation, yellowing of the fiberglass or chalking of the paint on aluminum skin models. ResistALL bonds and seals the surface creating a durable protective finish. Application of ResistALL also eliminates the need to wax your RV at all for the next 5 years. Without application the manufacturer will recommend a full wax job 3 times a year in the north and 1 additional wax application if you are a full timer. ResistALL will not wear off or melt at 120 degrees like wax does. The protections listed above are all come with a 5 year warranty."

I have to make a decision on this tonight, as the salesman is going to include this in the financing. The cost is approximately $1500. Does anyone know about this product? Is it worth getting? Any feedback greatly appreciated.

SH

Lynden, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/11 07:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JMHO..."Snake Oil"

Save the $1500 and buy some nice things for your RV. Waxing them is not that big of a deal to me...kind of my therapy!

Best Wishes!

Here are some other threads on this product.

2011 Heartland Big Country 3450TS
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo
Heartland Owners Club - Washington Chapter Leaders

Fiver Captain

Central Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/11 07:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Save your money. Not worth 1500 bucks.

rsg63

Dublin, Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/11 07:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SH wrote:

JMHO..."Snake Oil"

Save the $1500 and buy some nice things for your RV. Waxing them is not that big of a deal to me...kind of my therapy!

Best Wishes!

^^^Yup, agree 100%. All these are no better than a high quality polymer wax. I'll even bet the literature (or warranty fine print) says somthing like: To maintain the warranty and protection of this fine product, we recommed reapplying our special once-a-year "maintainer" coat. Or something to that effect.

Truth told, they are not taking any risks by making the statements they do. Within 5 years most good paint jobs will not do any of the things they say their product protects you from.

08 Jayco Recon ZX 40' 3 axle T/H, dual A/C, 2006 RAM 3500 Cummins Dually, Pac Brake, Banks CAI, Monster Exhaust, 3.5" RAM intake, 51 Gal aux tank w/ tool box, 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler SA Pro Grades, Reese Sig series 24K hitch. DVD/NAV/Backup Camera.

hmknightnc

Wilmington, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/11 08:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

snake oil.

wormy

NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/11 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will wax your RV three times in the first year for $1500.00. Whata ya say? By the way... you could probaly buy a metal carport for $1500 and store your RV covered. Would be much better than the snake oil.

B.O. Plenty

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/11 08:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Costs the dealer around $50.00 to apply this. Car dealers make HUGE profits off this junk also. Some 18 yr old kid sprays it on in the back of the shop..done deal. The "warranty" will be pro-rated so if you aren't happy with it..you might get part of your money back. Forget about it. I would have a hard time buying anything from a dealer that pushes this kind of junk...

B.O.

2011 Big Country 3250TS...2010 Ram CC Laramie 4wd Cummins

Artum Snowbird

Campbell River, B.C., Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/11 08:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The joy of washing and waxing your own is you find all the places where the seals are starting to fail and you fix them.

If you are not able to do that yourself find yourself a good RV detailer that will keep up your rig and maintain the seals properly.

Mike and Carole
2007 Snowbird 9'6" Super Slide
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2000 F350 7.3 SC 4X4
previously 8'10" Snowbird Camper
2006 Triple E Regency 27 foot SXL SOLD!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Need quick advice on ResistAll Rv protectorant
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts