|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Fuel tank replacement

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Traveling Texans

College Station, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/11 06:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

it will not automatically reset. I did not do enough research to find out if the dealer or anyone else might be able to reset the computer so it would read corect. I replaced my OEM 26(7) gal tank with a 52 gal tank on my 07 chevy 2500HD CC D/A.

2012 F350, Diesel,CC,LWB, King Ranch
2012 Cross Roads Cruiser 330SS

RDSKNFN_57

MADERA CA 93638

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/11 12:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My biggest concern is if i have 23 gallons in the tank of a 45 gallon tank it should read 1/2 tank give or take, and it would have had they installed the extended float wire, but they did'nt , so thursday moring i'll be on the road for a 3 hr trip to get it installed, as far as if the computer reseting it self to tell me how far i can still travel is no big deal, but when your filling the tank for the first time i was watching the gas gage it hit the full mark and then i put in another 17 gallons before it clicked off. so hopefully everything will work out..........

elkhorn98

Santa Rosa, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/17/11 11:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Should work fine. I had transfer flow install a 45 gal tank in my 2010 GMC truck and it is great. Only issue is miles to empty is not correct like others have stated. Transfer flow is a great company. Treat you like they want your business. They have a nice waiting room and gave us snakcs and drinks. I would definitely get another tank from them.

Elkhorn98
2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison w/45 gal Transfer Flow Tank
RBW X16 Slider, Yamaha EF 2400iS
2007 Springdale 245 5th Wheel - E-Z Flex HD Suspension & Mobile Outfitters Shock Kit Upgrades
with Firestone Transforce Ht Lt 2357515 C tires

RDSKNFN_57

MADERA CA 93638

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/11 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got the extended float installed on thursday and now the gas gage works ok, i ran it down to just at a 1/4 of a tank, and watched the gage as i filled the tank, when it hit the full mark it added only about 2 gallons more before it clicked off just like with the 26 gallon tank did. The distance i had traveled on the odomiter was showing 528 miles with a 1/4 of a tank still to go. The miles to empty jumped from the usual 392 to 469 when reset, so now with the correct float installed we will see if the computer will reset it's self or not.

bigjettech

Bartlett,Il

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/21/11 10:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RDSKNFN_57 wrote:

Got the extended float installed on thursday and now the gas gage works ok, i ran it down to just at a 1/4 of a tank, and watched the gage as i filled the tank, when it hit the full mark it added only about 2 gallons more before it clicked off just like with the 26 gallon tank did. The distance i had traveled on the odomiter was showing 528 miles with a 1/4 of a tank still to go. The miles to empty jumped from the usual 392 to 469 when reset, so now with the correct float installed we will see if the computer will reset it's self or not.

It won't, as stated earlier the only way I know of to correct the range left indication is with EFI Live programing.The truck still thinks it has a 26 gal tank in the computer. The quantity indication is just a ratio of the tank volume. The sending unit doesn't care if it's 26 or 126 gal. All other indications will be correct.

2006 Silverado 2500hd duramax 4x4 - with a few mods

2006 Cherokee lite 285b+ 5th wheel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Fuel tank replacement
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: