|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Traveling West on Int 70 Ohio to 44 in St Louis

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
lefty6262

Anderson Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/11 08:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bridge repair work will slow traffic on I-70
Aug 17, 2011 | 2 Comments

A
A

FILED UNDER
Communities
Plainfield
Indianapolis International Airport
ADS BY PULSE 360
Get Listed Here
Six Sigma Certification
Villanova Classes Start Monthly - 100% Online Certification Courses
www.VillanovaU.com/SixSigma
Hot Gold Stock - GTSO
GTSO Gold play in China as Precious Metals Head Higher.
www.GtsoGold.com
Mom is 53, Looks 35 Again
Local Mom Exposes an Anti-Aging Miracle That ERASES Wrinkles!
www.consumerlifestyledeals.com
Plainfield West metro interstate commuters can buckle up for more highway construction delays.

This week, motorists will begin seeing long sections of cone zones for construction along I-70 from the Westside near Plainfield and Indianapolis International Airport nearly to the Wabash River and Illinois state line.

A trio of state contracts, totaling approximately $37.5 million, has been awarded for patching, paving and rehabilitation of bridges on I-70 across the western half of the state.

That will mean sections of the highway up to 5 miles long will be narrowed to one lane in each direction for various periods.

Even though construction crews will work round-the-clock at times, Indiana Department of Transportation officials said the project won't be done until May. But doing it now, before the road deteriorates further, will save time in the long run.

"This work on I-70 is necessary due to the heavy trucks and volume of traffic that we have on this stretch of the interstate," said Alan Plunkett, district deputy commissioner for INDOT. "We have some deterioration of the pavement, and getting this done now doesn't prolong construction over several years."

INDOT is holding a series of public informational meetings this week to provide details about each segment.

The only metro-area session is at 6:30 p.m. today in the Plainfield-Guilford Township Library, 1120 Stafford Road

Preliminary work began Monday to start the metro-area portion of the I-70 repaving that passes through Clay, Putnam, Hendricks and Morgan counties.

Milestone Contractors has a contract for $27.9 million to patch and rehabilitate the highway from Ind. 59 to a location two miles east of the Ind. 267 interchange at Plainfield. That would be roughly between the Ronald Regan/Ameriplex interchange near the airport, west to the I-70 exit to Brazil.

Commuters may try U.S. 40 as an alternate route.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Traveling West on Int 70 Ohio to 44 in St Louis
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS