|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> How many use wood blocks under there HWH Jacks

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
INDIAN CREEKER

Full Timers, We're always home!

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/11 08:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ct78barnes wrote:

Just wondering because My front jacks extend 3.9 inches and it fully exstendes and does not level the back jacks will not come down. This is on a brand new coach. HWH says that is how it is to work.I have 22.5 tires on a Sightseer and read that on the 2011 Ford that they raised the rail hight for the 2011 again. I also had it to the dealer and he called Winnebago and said that the have one spot on the frame to mount the jacks and it was the same if I would have ordered the 19.5 tires. I can still exstened the rear jacks in manual. When I first called HWH they told me that when I hit the auto button it should work. They told me to have the dealer to check it out . Now it is a different story and they want 1,300 dollars to put on a lowering kit of 2 inches out of my pocket. I think some one did not figuring the extra 2 inch in hight difference adding the 22.5 tires and the higher Ford Rail . What would you do . Total hight is 12ft 3 with the 19.5 tires and 12 ft 5 with the 22.5 tires from Winnebago.

Get in touch with Customer Relations at Winnebago Plant in Forest City Iowa. Tell them that you have had this problem since delivery and you've been getting the run around. It doesn't matter what tires you have or what ford did with their frame, your leveling jacks are not working as they were meant to and it's Winnebago's problem. They need to make it right. You didn't pay big money for a motor home that you have to jury rig in order to use it.

Dave and Linda
2012 Salem Park Trailer
Navy VietNam Vet, Dong Ha Ramp 68-69

xctraveler

Livingston TX

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/11 08:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We carry and use wooden ramps from the days we had no jacks for those rare happenings when I have to lift a tire to get level, drive up onto them. Use the orange blocks from CW for the jacks along with 18x18 plastic squares for times when I need the extra lift or soft or potentially frozen ground.

Generally they all go unused, but grateful to have all, especially when setting up in off road bd situations.

Paul
Trucking down the road in our 2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

Nomadac

Columbus, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/11 03:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have Equalizer system on my MH and can lift the entire MH off the ground if needed. I only use wood blocks under the jacks when in my driveway that is blacktop to keep the jacks from sinking into the blacktop.

Winnebago should correct your problem as that is a design problem. How can you level your MH if the jacks do not touch the ground?

Arnie
2003 Travel Supreme MH
38KSO1 Cummins ISC 350HP
2004 Honda Pilot w/SMI Air Force One Brake Sys.
1963 Pontiac Grand Prix 20' Enclosed Car Trailer

ticat900

canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/11 10:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goofer wrote:

I do. The shorter the jacks extend the more stable the MR. Mine are about 8 in. high and 10 in. wide. Very heavy but very sturdy. Make sure you chock your wheels.

Make sure you dont use those 8X10 spacers on anything but concrete type surfaces.very dangerous what your doing imho

ticat900

canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/11 09:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ct78barnes wrote:

Just wondering because My front jacks extend 3.9 inches and it fully exstendes and does not level the back jacks will not come down. This is on a brand new coach. HWH says that is how it is to work.I have 22.5 tires on a Sightseer and read that on the 2011 Ford that they raised the rail hight for the 2011 again. I also had it to the dealer and he called Winnebago and said that the have one spot on the frame to mount the jacks and it was the same if I would have ordered the 19.5 tires. I can still exstened the rear jacks in manual. When I first called HWH they told me that when I hit the auto button it should work. They told me to have the dealer to check it out . Now it is a different story and they want 1,300 dollars to put on a lowering kit of 2 inches out of my pocket. I think some one did not figuring the extra 2 inch in hight difference adding the 22.5 tires and the higher Ford Rail . What would you do . Total hight is 12ft 3 with the 19.5 tires and 12 ft 5 with the 22.5 tires from Winnebago.

I have never seen HWH jacks that only extended 3.9 inches?Mine come out like 10-12 inches but really if they have a lowering kit available
from the factory it sounds like they know about the existing problem and on a brand new unit it should be installed under warrenty.
your dealer is really very stupid/dishonest if they are not on your side in this dispute

goofer

San Antonio

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/11 10:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do. The shorter the jacks extend the more stable the MR. Mine are about 8 in. high and 10 in. wide. Very heavy but very sturdy. Make sure you chock your wheels.

ct78barnes

Bryan Ohio USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/11 04:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the help I called today and again got the run around I think Tomorrow I will ask for Owners Relations instead of just the tech.He told me they mount the jacks the same place for the 19.5 tires and the 22.5 tires . He said he would check into it but have not heard anything yet. I will keep you posted as I go up the ladder. The front jacks do hit the ground but will not level the coach with out going out all the way and then the extended light goes on and the rear jacks will not go down.

ct1978barnes

Bryan Ohio USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/11 06:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Ford F53 chassis is the same whether it has 19.5" or 22.5" rims and tires. As such, the 22.5" version sits higher.

HWH knows this. They have different mountings for the 19.5" and 22.5" version as show here:

http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml10049.pdf

I'd verify your jacks are mounted right...

Charles Barnes

sailor_lou

Connecticut

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/11 05:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nomadac wrote:

I have Equalizer system on my MH and can lift the entire MH off the ground if needed. I only use wood blocks under the jacks when in my driveway that is blacktop to keep the jacks from sinking into the blacktop.

Winnebago should correct your problem as that is a design problem. How can you level your MH if the jacks do not touch the ground?

Same setup here. The Equalizer System jacks have an 18" stroke and a pretty large footprint on the base (112 sq. in.). I also use blocking on the blacktop only.

My first MOHO was a Winne and I always found them to be helpful. Good luck.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

ticat900

canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/11 05:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jacks that only extend 4 inches are junk and hardley worthwhile.I dont really see how they can even serve a purpose.Somethings sounds goofy here to me

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> How many use wood blocks under there HWH Jacks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS