|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> 2012 Chevy Cruze Not Towable 4 Down

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
jerseyjim

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/27/11 06:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2007 HHR...great car, great "toad".

I really feel for the Cruze owners....but since GM is now "Gov't Motors"....in a very cynical way, stuff like this might be expected. Cynic that I am.....

As far as REMCO...I really wanted their driveshaft disconnect on my newest, a 2011 Ford Ranger....on a 2 WD platform. Found that REMCO sold the driveshaft disconnect division to someone else...that that someone else ain't makin' them...at least for the "near future"...or forever. So...hadda get the 4WD and put in the "transfer case neutral switch kit.". A "Ford only" item...installed by Ford.
Roll with the punches.

nemo45

Arlington, WI

View Profile

Posted: 08/27/11 09:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jerseyjim wrote:

I have a 2007 HHR...great car, great "toad".

I really feel for the Cruze owners....but since GM is now "Gov't Motors"....in a very cynical way, stuff like this might be expected. Cynic that I am.....

As far as REMCO...I really wanted their driveshaft disconnect on my newest, a 2011 Ford Ranger....on a 2 WD platform. Found that REMCO sold the driveshaft disconnect division to someone else...that that someone else ain't makin' them...at least for the "near future"...or forever. So...hadda get the 4WD and put in the "transfer case neutral switch kit.". A "Ford only" item...installed by Ford.
Roll with the punches.

The Gov't is not "running" GM, and the fact that we are part owners is one of the main reasons I bought an Equinox. That, and the fact that it is a great car.

Don Niemeyer
2006 Gulf Stream Tour Master T40A
2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 Toad

Retiredblade

Western, Pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/27/11 03:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think GM is trying to do a good job, but they dropped the ball with this transmission on the Cruze, I am tired of all this, I have less than 900 miles on mine and I'm going to my dealer Monday and see if I can get this car off my hands, I bought it to tow and now it is a anchor.

Retiredblade

Western, Pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/28/11 04:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mrblanche wrote:

You know, I'm a little puzzled about the switch to the Malibu by the original poster. I was under the impression the 6-speed auto in the Cruze and the Malibu were the same transmission.

Your puzzled? I'm half nuts about it! From what I am able to find out on the internet, Malibu does use the same trans. as Cruze and they also use another one which is heavy duty. As I said before, I think people aren't abiding with the steps in towing the Cruze and burning the transmission up, the Cruze isn't a Saturn, which the transmissions seem to be bullet proof! But I am not going to tow mine to find out!
I don't want to switch to a Malibu, it looks like small Impala and I don't like it's looks, the Cruze on the other hand, the LTZ, which I have really looks nice both inside and out.

Goldencrazy

madison wi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/27/11 11:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is not cynical Jersejim. You are either notbwell informed or trying to inject a political bias into this discussion. At any rate the intervention to save GM and to save so many jobs is a great success story in case you missed it.

mrblanche

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/27/11 09:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You know, I'm a little puzzled about the switch to the Malibu by the original poster. I was under the impression the 6-speed auto in the Cruze and the Malibu were the same transmission.

Badeye

Bonaire GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/11 01:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just started a new topic about the Malibu. After reading it in the owner's manual and being assured by the dealer service department and GM's area representative that the Malibu was flat towable, I purchased a Malibu. After finally getting through to a GM Customer Service Supervisor, I find that it is not. Waiting for a phone call to tell me what the resolution to this situation will be.

Badeye

"No one can guarantee success, only effort."

Bob & Fran
2005 Coachmen Sportscoach Elite 40 ft DP
2012 Chevy Malibu
Ready Brute Tow Bar
Ready Brake Tow Brake
FMCA F324606

JANETRUPP

Bullhead City, AZ and on the road..

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/28/11 11:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Badeye, Yes the 2012 and some of the 2011 Malibu's can "NOT" be flat towed. Our dealer was trying to exchange our Cruze and found this out. So far we are still waiting for an answer from higher-ups. The dealership now told us that they will only give us 18,000 for our Cruze since it is now "used" even though it is only 1 week old and only 50 miles.
We called and now have a case number and they are to get back with us Monday to try to solve the situation.
Called Remco and they have had tons of calls regarding the Cruze and are looking into the pump situation.
We sit and wait. We had a similar problem 5 yrs ago with our new Honda Civic. Told us it could be flat towed and we were stranded in Canada for weeks while they fixed the transmission and found us a dolly. The dealership we were dealing with then denied saying it was flat towable so we were left paying for everything ourselves (Their word against ours). Boy this is deja-vu all over again.
We are not alone this time....but so sorry for everyone else in this situation.
Janet

Loving our life. Hubby and me and Buttons make three (our baby,poodle)
Our Baby Buttons is now at Rainbow Bridge
Monaco Diplomat 40' 4 slide
2012 Equinox tow

Ault

Fort Walton Beach, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/11 05:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe the malibu that is 4 cyl equiped is the same trans as the cruze. The V6 malibu has a completely different trans. than the cruze.

davpac

kelowna bc

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/05/11 11:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

as an owwner of a 2011 cruze rs that was bought because it was toable in the automatic. imagine my suprise when ireceived a notice from gm telling me the car was no longer towable flat. the stated reason that it only applies to the 6speed auto, as they have had a number of cases of severe over heating with subsequent damage.
they said the only way to tow is to use a tow dolly so that is what we are doing.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> 2012 Chevy Cruze Not Towable 4 Down
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS