|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Wife Sad Now

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
WTTCS

freedom , U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/11 08:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think u are probally lucky she hasnt divorced you yet !! Putting her in a small rv with no slides, no diesel pusher, three a/cs 4 beds etc. What must you be thinking?

1997 chev crew cab 454, 5 sp. 4.10

Tiger-lily-2007

Australia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/11 08:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are a lot of really, really nice rigs out there, but truthfully, when you are experiencing the most amazing things that the beautiful land of the USA has to offer, you wont worry too much about your RV and just remember the great times you have spent together and the unforgettable things you have seen. Good luck with what ever you decide.

Eycom

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/11 09:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The fact that you (plural) made a purchase is prima facie evidence that in your mind, heart, and pocketbook, your needs were met. Short of full timing, you're living OUT of the RV, not IN it. The important thing is you are doing things together, building an even stronger relationship. Over time, your needs will likely change and so will your budget. This reasonably cost effective experience will allow both of you to determine if the hobby is worth pursuing and if so, what's important in your next rig. Go enjoy what you have while building dreams and memories. Travel safe.

RVn Full-time

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/11 09:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You did the right thing. Use the trailer for a year or two and make a list of things you like, don't like and require in your next rig. This way you won't spend a ton of money and be stuck with something thats not perfect for you.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2004 Forest River 25RKS many, many mods.
POS H0NDA eu2000i

StanleyandIris

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/11 08:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, just tell her these things:

never have to worry about a slide leaking;
never have to worry about a slide sticking;
the MH will go everywhere and be easy to park anywhere.
the view from the passenger seat is just as good as in a 45'DP with 4 slides;
it's not a tent;
it's within the set budget (most important);
it was terrific until the RV show.

Enjoy your RV for a while. There will always be something bigger, shinier with more bells and whistles.

Have fun.

Iris

Barry514

San Diego

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/11 08:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I think u are probally lucky she hasnt divorced you yet !! Putting her in a small rv with no slides, no diesel pusher, three a/cs 4 beds etc. What must you be thinking?

LOL, she the one that came up with the budget for our first RV.

sue.t

Ibex Valley, YUKON

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/11 09:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gee, we looked for something without slides. Had to hunt around but found the perfect 2003 25' fifth wheel with no slides. That was in 2008 and we still love our fifth wheel. Perfect for us.

We also loved the 23' motorhome we used for years. Fit into all sorts of small out-of-the-way spots. Made many trips north with it. It had no slides either.

Also travelled with a teeny 17.5' fifth wheel for three years. Loved it too but it got a bit crowded with two big dogs so upgraded to the 25 footer.

sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/11 10:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,

I would not want an RV with a slide! I think a 26 class C would be nice. I have a 28'5" and find it cumbersome to drive.

Regards, Don
Full Time in a Kustom Koach Class C 28'5", 256 watts Unisolar, 875 amp hours in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, Magnum 3000 watt PSW inverter.

batman99

at seasonal site

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/11 10:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Next time around, NO SLIDE for me. The slide on our 2006 Jayco has been a pain. Its main beam is now sagged (which allows water to pool on its flat roof), it leaks water, it allows critters into the unit and with moving parts, it will probably break soon. Next time around NO SLIDE for me - just like our previous '93 Prowler. Yes. Slides allow more internal space. Since we don't live our lives inside our TT (re: always outside enjoying the great out doors from 9:00 AM until 1:00 AM), our TT is only used to sleep in. For our lifestyle, the negatives of a slide is NOT worth it.

Barry514

San Diego

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/11 10:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am surprised to hear how many people do not like slides. Guess it is something to think about.

Will let you know how we do on our first venture this weekend.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Wife Sad Now
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS