RV.Net Open Roads Forum: It's here! 2012 Jayco Seneca finally is on Jayco's Website.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> It's here! 2012 Jayco Seneca finally is on Jayco's Website.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/11 01:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012 Jayco Seneca... I LOVE the chassis and cab, Cummins ISB 6.7L 340HP diesel engine. Website shows 2 floorplans, but 4 floor plans in total will be produced.

Brochure...

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

az99

Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/11 04:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fordsooperdooty wrote:

I LOVE the chassis and cab, Cummins ISB 6.7L 340HP diesel engine.

Just askin. What makes you love it ? Not much more HP or torque than the Duramax with probably a worse power to weight ratio. And leaf spring rear suspension.
One thing I really dislike is no driver or passenger air bags.

* This post was edited 08/31/11 04:48am by az99 *

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/11 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are seriousily looking at the 2012 Seneca as our next new Jayco (#8), and the list price MSRP of $225,000 is very flexible even tho the unit is newly introduces and is in fact all new rom the ground up.

The rear suspension IS leaf spring only, and I talked to Troy James today at Jayco, he is the south western regional sales manager for Jayco, and was helping with the product development during the design phase of the Seneca. He stated that yes, the new Seneca has leaf spring rear suspension, which supplys good overall load carrying, handling and terrific ride..as well as the best value.

But at some point Jayco will, depending on demand offer a air system, altho he doesn't consider it to be necessary.

The prices that we have been quoted at various dealers has hovered around $169,000. nicely loaded. In my opinion, it drives better and handles better than virtually any Class A. And best of all, my wife actually likes driving it! That alone is worth the price of admission!

And since a comparison was brought up, the Cummins ISB's 860 lbs torque is more than the Duramax by 100 lbs, but also the useful peak torque (the rating of torque power curve that is available) the true measure of diesel performance is how well its muscle is managed over the engine’s power band. How soon is peak torque available and for how long?

The broader the torque curve is and the sooner peak torque hits, the better. And the Cummins ISB really shines in that department! That alone makes it the #1 selling business class chassis in the USA. Even the 6.7 PowerStroke beats the Duramax in that catagory. (pickuptrucks.com)

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/11 08:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was looking thru it looks like the dash shots shows airbags?

The unit looks very impressive and typical to Jayco I'm sure it'll be well built and finished. If I had no consideration for budget I'd be all over the bunk layout. However, I can't help but think you can get the popular Class A models at the same price with more storage and interior space.

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

crasster

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/11 08:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks pretty cool. I am a big fan of Jayco products.

4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Don McL

Montana

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/11 08:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

almost 2' more tail wag than there was on the 2010 36fk

no air

19.5" wheels

i feel jayco missed on this one and its probably because of the embark.

don

az99

Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/11 01:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fordsooperdooty wrote:

We are seriousily looking at the 2012 Seneca as our next new Jayco (#8), and the list price MSRP of $225,000 is very flexible even tho the unit is newly introduces and is in fact all new rom the ground up.

So when are you getting it ? You have been the lead cheerleader for the 2012 Seneca now for several months. It sounds like you will love it. Good Luck

az99

Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/11 01:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mwebber78 wrote:

I was looking thru it looks like the dash shots shows airbags?

If there are, it is only on the Seneca and not listed anywhere. The Embarks I looked at didn't have any and that is a fancier cab from the cab used in the Seneca. I even asked the salesman who assumed they had them but after looking, agreed they didn't. I also looked in the Freightliner info for it as it was a concern of DW.
Maybe fordsooperdooty knows for sure.

Even though I hope I never need them, I liked it on the Kodiak.

az99

Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/11 04:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The new Seneca spec sheet does list driver and passenger air bags.

BEVAR

Lake Worth, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/05/11 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh boy do I want one!!!

Beave

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> It's here! 2012 Jayco Seneca finally is on Jayco's Website.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS