RV.Net Open Roads Forum: It's here! 2012 Jayco Seneca finally is on Jayco's Website.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> It's here! 2012 Jayco Seneca finally is on Jayco's Website.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
AndyAmes

Southwest Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/11 05:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are on our 3rd Jayco and our 2nd Seneca. We have been more than pleased with the workmanship. The one constant we liked about the Jayco is the real wood cabinetry. Some of the comparable Super C (there are exceptions) use compressed wood or other product. We have had little to no issues with our Jayco's, and workmanship stacks up to same or higher end RV's. My father has a Beaver Patriot, and I would compare the workmanship at least as good. Obviously price point has something to do with the balance of the difference. We would purchase another Jayco if we were going to replace our current one. Good luck.

az99

Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/11 06:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dune Hauler wrote:

I would like to compare Dynamax, But cannot find any units within 400 or more miles, I might have to take a flight out to the factory if they don’t find any dealers to bring in there RV’s to Southern California.
I can’t believe Forrest River is taking a blind eye to California with the Dynamax line, I know the economy is soft, but some of us that are willing to part with serious money will only go so far to look at product.
There are no dealers on the East Coast either. You have to really want one to work that hard to just see one. And not likely even the exact model you want. They did not even have a display at the Hershey RV Show.
Did you look at the Renegade Explorer ? It is shorter than an Embark. They are beautiful units but about $80K more than an Embark. I have seen several in person. Lots of +'s and -'s to both. In the end went for the Embark.

az99

Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/11 06:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdog wrote:

Why are the bed corners radiused so much? Seems to take away from the KING bed.
Crazy isn't it ? It makes the sleeping area of a Queen into less than a Full. I bet the engineers have never spent a night in an RV.

Maddawgs

central MA

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 08:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fordsooperdooty wrote:

We are seriousily looking at the 2012 Seneca as our next new Jayco (#8), and the list price MSRP of $225,000 is very flexible even tho the unit is newly introduces and is in fact all new rom the ground up.

The rear suspension IS leaf spring only, and I talked to Troy James today at Jayco, he is the south western regional sales manager for Jayco, and was helping with the product development during the design phase of the Seneca. He stated that yes, the new Seneca has leaf spring rear suspension, which supplys good overall load carrying, handling and terrific ride..as well as the best value.

But at some point Jayco will, depending on demand offer a air system, altho he doesn't consider it to be necessary.

The prices that we have been quoted at various dealers has hovered around $169,000. nicely loaded. In my opinion, it drives better and handles better than virtually any Class A. And best of all, my wife actually likes driving it! That alone is worth the price of admission!

And since a comparison was brought up, the Cummins ISB's 860 lbs torque is more than the Duramax by 100 lbs, but also the useful peak torque (the rating of torque power curve that is available) the true measure of diesel performance is how well its muscle is managed over the engine’s power band. How soon is peak torque available and for how long?

The broader the torque curve is and the sooner peak torque hits, the better. And the Cummins ISB really shines in that department! That alone makes it the #1 selling business class chassis in the USA. Even the 6.7 PowerStroke beats the Duramax in that catagory. (pickuptrucks.com)

Hi fordsooperdooty,
I got a quote at rvdirect for the 37RB fully optioned for just over 150k yesterday with pick up in Albany. It's got me thinking.
Todd

Todd, Shirley, and the "Maddawgs" min-pins Precious and Buster Brown
2011 Itasca Cambria 30C
2011 Demco KarKaddy 460SS
TST 507 RV TPMS
"if there is anything left when we are gone, then we miscalculated"

Holiday27

Gresham, OR.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 08:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those are awesome! Might be a while till I can afford 1 . Someday......

2002 27PBS Holiday Rambler (Aluminum sided/roof) Love it!

Previous RV's
'94 Jamboree 22ft. (This beast had a 460 with tons of power)
'95 VW Eurovan camper (5 cyl. dog) Pulled a 3 rail fine though.
Tent
Borrowed folks '84 VW Westphalia (water cooled)

SenecaDave

Santa Clarita

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 02:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's amazing! I guess it's time to sell the ol' 2006 Seneca. One question... my '06 had leaf springs too. And Jayco had to add some lifts in the suspension due to a sagging problem. I wonder if that has been addressed. I also added some airbags in the rear suspension to help offset the sagging problem especially when I was towing. It would be great if that was a built in feature of the new one.

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/12 04:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have walked through many coaches, I have never-ever found Jayco to be superior to other peer brands. Jayco's claim to fame is warranty and customer support. I have visited the factory and found that they often seem to be more guilty than peer brands of cutting corners in construction. I'm not trying to start a flaming match - just saying I'm not sure what "research" you've completed on Jayco but in my eyes (16 years in the aerospace business and 5 years in lean/six sigma) they are no better to peer companies.

Good luck.

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

super_camper

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 05:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mwebber78 wrote:

I have walked through many coaches, I have never-ever found Jayco to be superior to other peer brands. Jayco's claim to fame is warranty and customer support. I have visited the factory and found that they often seem to be more guilty than peer brands of cutting corners in construction. I'm not trying to start a flaming match - just saying I'm not sure what "research" you've completed on Jayco but in my eyes (16 years in the aerospace business and 5 years in lean/six sigma) they are no better to peer companies.

Everyone has an opinion and you're certainly entitled to yours, i'm just not sure what the reference to your aerospace business experience here is all about.

I bought a Jayco after a considerable amount of research - I won't bother commenting on Jayco itself as almost every buyer defends their purchase decision (good or bad) but I will say I stand by my research. Based on this I can say without a doubt Jayco is superior to some if not many other brands in some things and vice versa. If you have never-ever found Jayco superior on anything you certainly weren't looking very hard

az99

Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 12:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maddawgs wrote:

Hi fordsooperdooty,
I got a quote at rvdirect for the 37RB fully optioned for just over 150k yesterday with pick up in Albany. It's got me thinking.
Todd
One thing I would suggest is that you make sure your local dealer will do warranty work if purchased elsewhere. The price quote is good to get your local dealers attention though.

I recently got an Embark and the quality is HORRENDOUS. After the dealer spent days fixing what they found, it went back to them again with a sheet of problems 2 pages long. Most of which were from total lack of quality and workmanship. And it got worse from there. PM me if you want the gory details as I am not trying to start a bashing thread.

Keep in mind the Seneca doesn't have rear air ride or air brakes. It has a smaller engine and trans package than others on the M2 chassis and 19" tires.

Maddawgs

central MA

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 01:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

az99 wrote:

Maddawgs wrote:

Hi fordsooperdooty,
Todd
One thing I would suggest is that you make sure your local dealer will do warranty work if purchased elsewhere. The price quote is good to get your local dealers attention though.

I recently got an Embark and the quality is HORRENDOUS. After the dealer spent days fixing what they found, it went back to them again with a sheet of problems 2 pages long. Most of which were from total lack of quality and workmanship. And it got worse from there. PM me if you want the gory details as I am not trying to start a bashing thread.

Keep in mind the Seneca doesn't have rear air ride or air brakes. It has a smaller engine and trans package than others on the M2 chassis and 19" tires.

Hi Az99,
Albany is only 4 hours for me and my local dealer is a Jayco dealer. I'm really surprised you have had so many quality issues. When I was researching I found the Jayco quality to be as good as Winnebago's.
Todd

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> It's here! 2012 Jayco Seneca finally is on Jayco's Website.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS