RV.Net Open Roads Forum: It's here! 2012 Jayco Seneca finally is on Jayco's Website.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> It's here! 2012 Jayco Seneca finally is on Jayco's Website.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/12 06:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've seen superior quality (they don't hand out parachutes to commercial airline customers at 50K feet). After working in manufacturing I've seen quality processess.

I just asked what about Jayco showed superior quality? I've been to the factory of Jayco and others. Jayco wasn't doing anything earth shattering in the QC department. Same methods as all the other Indiana companies.... I guess we all have different levels of expectations in the "superior quality" definition.

Enjoy your coach.

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

GrumpyandGrandma

CIncinnati, OH

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 05:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're on our 2nd JAYCO MH, 2001 DESINGER and now a 2008 SENECA. Neither have had any issues to speak of and the ones we did have were vendor problems and those were minor. NORCOLD for the fridge door and CAREFREE for the elec awning. Put over 50,000 miles on the DESIGNER and now have 33,000 on the SENECA.

As I've stated before you only hear the complaints and based on the number of SENECAS JAYCO built on the KODIAK (they cornered the market) those are few and far between.

Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!

A/C Inspector

St. George Ut.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/12 07:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was a QC inspector for a major airline and in that industry QC had to be totally separate from the maint. department. That way if QC required that an a/c be worked further before being released for service, the maint department couldn't bring pressure or coerce QC to release the a/c before it was absolutely ready in QCs opinion. You know that in the RV manufacturing business the management wouldn't sit still for a minute for QC looking to hard when the line is moveing. They don't have to play by the rules I did. The FAA requires that the two departments be totally separate, non beholden so to speak.
Denny

2006 Seneca 35GS Dmax LBZ, Alli 6spd/ 4" turbo back/ Edge with Attitude/GPS/Bilsteins, air bags/Toyo steers and drivers, Counteract Bead balancing. Ford Ranger toad.

GrumpyandGrandma

CIncinnati, OH

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 08:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That was exactly my point as well, fit and finish were flawless in both of my units and you see few such complaints based on the number of units built. (SENECAS and EMBARKS) There is a lemon every now and again with anything that is built. Also if your dealer let it off his lot with major fit and finish issues I personally would never go back there for any repair work. They collect, if I remember correctly, $750 for a PDI which should have caught those problems.

az99

Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 09:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GrumpyandGrandma wrote:

That was exactly my point as well, fit and finish were flawless in both of my units and you see few such complaints based on the number of units built. (SENECAS and EMBARKS) There is a lemon every now and again with anything that is built. Also if your dealer let it off his lot with major fit and finish issues I personally would never go back there for any repair work. They collect, if I remember correctly, $750 for a PDI which should have caught those problems.
Those PDI $ did not even come close to paying for the time the dealer spent fixing stuff. I have no beef with the dealer.

Why should a unit leave the factory with "major fit and finish issues" ? It would cost a whole lot less to take a little more time to do it right the first time then it does to go back and repair mistakes. If Jayco would start docking the careless workers for all the repair work, things would change.

There is evidence throughout the unit, even with things that do work, that the motto is "get it out the door".

If they and I am sure other RV builders would have to compete in the world market, Elkhart would be a ghost town.

az99

Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 07:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also have had 2 Jayco's. A 2007 Seneca and now a 2012 Embark.

When I am saying quality I don't mean quality of parts they purchased to build the unit. I am talking about quality, engineering and workmanship involved in assembling the unit.

The 2007 certainly had a few issues but all minor other than the springs. The 2012 appears to have been built with only 1 goal in mind, how fast can we get it out the door. Missing screws, pinched wires, beat up pieces,total non working assemblies,misaligned parts,parts missing, and damaged wall panels and appliances to name a few things. The total lack or workmanship is unbelievable for Jayco's top of the line MH.

If any QC people (which I doubt there really are) looked at my unit it was from the outside only as the paint job is beautiful.

The quality of my 2012 is dramatically different from my 2007.

If the current workforce at Jayco built aircraft, no parachutes would be required either as it would never leave the ground.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> It's here! 2012 Jayco Seneca finally is on Jayco's Website.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS