RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Having problems with Canadian Pharmacy....

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing with Disabilities and General Health Issues

> Having problems with Canadian Pharmacy....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
dllfo

Sacramento, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/11 11:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a new one for you.

I have taken LARGE doses of Quinine for Severe Nocturnal Leg Cramps for many years. Tricare's bean counters won't pay for it anymore and Bayer wants over $10 a capsule for Qualaquin. I asked about Canadian Pharmacies and those who have used them seemed pleased.

I checked prices and found 300mg tab of Quinine were approx. 36 cents each up there. I got a prescription, faxed it to them and all was well.
Initially anyway.

I used their service for about 6 months when they asked for my doctor to sign a form indicating he understands I have some risk by taking such a high dosage. I said "No problem" and they faxed it to my Pulmonologist. Who says they never received it. Another fax and still more denial as to the receipt of said form. I call the doctor's office and get the DIRECT fax line to the nurses station. No form arrives while the Canadian Pharmacy swears they have sent the form.
I asked them to fax it to me and I will drive the form up there, get it signed by my doctor and fax it back. No answer to that email. I guess I can't do that.

This has been going on for a couple of weeks. I saw another doctor and got a new prescription faxed directly to them. They don't want a new prescription, they want this letter saying he understands the risk.

I told the nice lady when our doctor's give us a prescription, they are stating they understand the risks and are writing the script anyway. When I complained about the side effects of heavy doses of Prednisone, the doctor smiled at me and asked me what the side effects of not breathing were. I got the hint.

So if you hook up with a Canadian Pharmacy, be aware some of their rules may cause some frustration on your part. I am tired of these problems. It is stressful, so I will look for another Pharmacy I guess.

What would you do?

2002 Monaco Diplomat 38PST

Bushey562

Norco, CA

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/11 01:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had numerous problems with Canadian pharmacies so I order all my meds from inhousepharmacy.biz in New Zealand, not 1 problem in 3 years.

dllfo

Sacramento, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/11 10:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hard to understand exactly where New Zealand and Canada come in here, but the pharmacy I am dealing with is in New Zealand. PlanetDirect.....

They told me, if I understand her correctly, that they are required to make sure my doctor is aware this high of a dosage could have adverse side effect. It has been about two weeks now with them claiming the doctor's people are getting the fax and not answering with the doctor's office claiming they are not receiving any paperwork.

REAL FRUSTRATING!!!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing with Disabilities and General Health Issues

> Having problems with Canadian Pharmacy....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS