RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Painting a RV ?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Painting a RV ?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
donandmax

Delta Co.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/04/11 09:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Once you use RedMax you can forget about painting ever. Unless your young and energetic, like pain and suffering, or are just crazy.. Because that stuff will stay on forever its a real b**** to get off. So make sure which you want to do because once redmax is on you'll have a tough time getting it all off and you do have to get every last bit off cause paint wont stick to it. Just my 2 cents

If it aint broke fix it till it is

Johng

Gilbert, AZ, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/04/11 10:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would recommend you contact AZ Truck and Coach, located on Ray Rd, between AZ Ave and McQueen Rd in Chandler. My coach is there now, he is remodeling my master bath for easier access because I am some what disabled.

John and Judy
Division Fire Chief - Retired
USAF - Retired
05 Beaver Santiam
11 Chevy Traverse - Toad w/AF One

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/11 02:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donandmax wrote:

Once you use RedMax you can forget about painting ever. Unless your young and energetic, like pain and suffering, or are just crazy.. Because that stuff will stay on forever its a real b**** to get off. So make sure which you want to do because once redmax is on you'll have a tough time getting it all off and you do have to get every last bit off cause paint wont stick to it. Just my 2 cents

This statement above is not true, the Red Max wax is easy to remove, buy their Red Max wax removal, I did a small area that I wanted to redo and it came off easy..

However do not use their sealer, that might be permanent but the wax is not..

massey123

new york

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/11 02:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a novel idea........Instead of having it done in mexico, how about giving the job to an "AMERICAN" company so we can help our economy and keep jobs here, or isn't that what we as americans are supposed to do.

Aridon

Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/11 02:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

massey123 wrote:

Here is a novel idea........Instead of having it done in mexico, how about giving the job to an "AMERICAN" company so we can help our economy and keep jobs here, or isn't that what we as americans are supposed to do.

5k - 8k vs 11k - 15k. I'd go over the boarder if ours needed it.

2014.5 DRV Atlanta

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

mercedesme28

Queen Creek

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/11 03:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your Right, I'd love to keep it in America, however there are two issues with that,
One- America has outlawed the use of a paint additive which makes the paint last longer, so the only place to get it is in Mexico.

Two-if I could find a American who would do it with out it costing over 10K with the paint cost being about 500.00, and yes I know there is prep but I will be doing most of it.

I can get it done in Mexico for about 2K to 3K tops and with the Better Paint which America.

So while I would Love to give Work to America's I can't find one who wants it bad enough.

* This post was edited 09/19/11 06:57am by an administrator/moderator *

donandmax

Delta Co.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/11 11:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

donandmax wrote:

This statement above is not true, the Red Max wax is easy to remove, buy their Red Max wax removal, I did a small area that I wanted to redo and it came off easy..

However do not use their sealer, that might be permanent but the wax is not..
Thanks, I stand corrected.. I'll try it whenever I need it..

donandmax

Delta Co.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/11 11:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Aridon wrote:

massey123 wrote:

5k - 8k vs 11k - 15k. I'd go over the boarder if ours needed it.
Amen bro !!!

mc.cc

Southeast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/11 08:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Paint it yourself. Anything you could do yourself would look better than peeling decals or oxidized paint. Who knows, you may start a trend. I would not recommend a roller though. A good airgun, several coats of paint and a few coats of clear coat would probably be a very nice touch for a fraction of the cost. If you don't like, wait a year and take it to Mehico.

J-Rooster

Port Orchard, Wa. / Lake Havasu City, Az.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/10/11 12:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fishinghat wrote:

I'm not sure about the wisdom of painting it yourself, but the cost of having a shop in Los Alcodones, Mexico, which is just across the border from Yuma, Arizona, is $5,000, using American automotive paint. Most of the cost is for the labor to prepare the surface since they have to remove all of the old paint and decals, sand and prime the surface, then paint several coats. The finished product looks almost as good as a new coach.
X-2

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Painting a RV ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS