|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> New Purchase; Decisions Decisions

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
NiasWagn

Omaha

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/11 09:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's been awhile since my last post. Sadly, my Fleetwood Scorpion didn't do well in the last softball storm. My insurance company bought it from me and I'm off to purchase something else. I have it narrowed down between two (which are not similar; go figure).

I really like the Livin' Lite VRV because it's light a little narrower and unique in so many ways. It's 5K more though with all the features that I wanted and when it comes right down to it, pretty basic. It's like a garage with a kitchen and bathroom in it.

Today I looked at a Forest River Grey Wolf 19RR which is selling for 15K here locally. The thing looks pretty awesome inside and is light enough for my half ton. The ramp will need to be modified to accommodate my Goldwing. I'm pretty amazed at all the features packed into this trailer for that price.

My concern is a simply query from Google reveals a lot of issues with electrical, tire, cabinets and leaking. Strangely enough, in this forum, not so much feedback was found. I'm a little curious if anyone here has had good (or bad) luck with Forest River. The one I looked at today looked really nice inside but I would much rather pay a little more for something that'll last a long time than something that looks good. Sometimes I can be a little rough on stuff too.

Thanks!

2012 Forest River 19RR
2012 F150 EB
2004 GL1800

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/11 10:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you've come to the right place. Remember everyone posts negative comments, few post positives. On here some should chime in that have the rig you're looking at and give you some honest reviews.

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
'06 3005 Rage'n Falcon

NiasWagn

Omaha

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/11 04:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nobody said anything so I ran down and bought the Grey Wolf today along with a new WD hitch. I think I'll need mirrors too. Now where am I going to park it for the winter?

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/11 09:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW, that was fast!

NiasWagn

Omaha

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/11 02:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well the insurance company offered to pay my taxes so I thought I'd take them up on it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> New Purchase; Decisions Decisions
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS