|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> New small tt-Lance 1575

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SimplyRose

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/12 12:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cpaharley2008
Thanks for all the good information. The only thing missing for me besides the weather is a trailer and 73 more working days!

Besides the quality and reputation, it appears Lance is a pretty flexible company to work with on the options. I just sent a note to Pete as they will be at the RV show in Chicago this weekend. Hope they have a 1575 to walk-through.

Good info about the fan - I agree a fan blowing in would be delightful... just like home! What will we pull it with? We have a 4Runner and I believe 6,000 towing capacity (think that is what he told me). We can pull something bigger, but "big" doesn't seem to fit us. I really believe in one of the postings I read - Less things, less space, more life!

We are going to ask the dealer about putting on some axle risers as our driveway has a very steep incline.

Again thanks for the good info... based on your postings you are a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for sharing! Rose

SimplyRose

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/12 12:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Retiredtraveler:
Too bad we couldn't meet up at the show this weekend as I noticed you are a hiker (we are going up with 6 members of our hiking club). One couple has a Lance truck camper and the other couple has as 17" Casita (both happy with choices).

I'll check out your suggestions - we have a V8 4Runner that can tow 7200 (husband just verified), so we will be OK.

So many choices and there are plusses and minuses in all of them (just like life). I completely fell emotionally in love with the rPod.... and could get the 177 fully loaded for around $13K. Very economical.

I believe the Lance is in a different level than most brands I have looked at, better quality, options, more space for the weight, more 4-season... but at a different price-point.

Take care... maybe we'll run into you on the hiking trails. The club is headed to Canada and hiking the West Coast Trail in July. Figured we'd better do the tougher hikes while we're still in our 50's and in good health. Good luck with trailer hunting! - Rose

bakerkids

IL

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 09:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love the Lance's large windows!

Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
4 K9s
Our photos

BroncosFan

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 10:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FordSD says the windows are R-2 and other good info on the insulation link

SimplyRose

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 01:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

? for cpaharley2008.

We have not seen the 1575 yet, but have put in a "pre-order" at the closest dealership in Illinois. The good thing is if we love it, we can bring it home, if not, we can walk away.

I noticed in a posting you discussed Lance's Four-season. We tried to order the enclosed, insulated and heated holding tanks, but the company said they would not add it to the 1575 (just the other models). Were you able to get this option? Thanks for the info... can't wait until it gets here! - Rose

cpaharley2008

york,pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/23/12 01:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 4 season heated waste tanks is an option on the other Lances as is the insulated glass windows. But, the 1575 comes standard with a heated fresh water tank and insulated acrylic windows and a tankless water heater that does not need to be winterized. Not sure what else you would need to make it more easy to use in the winter. You can order 12v heat pads from the factory for the waste tanks if you want that.
Otherwise I feel it is more of a 4 season trailer than an airstream or other top end rv due to the insulation and the thermopane windows that do not sweat and the heated fresh water tank. As long as you have heat you have water. I bought a heated fresh water hose and went camping when it was down to 8 degrees, no problem.

* This post was edited 03/23/12 07:09pm by cpaharley2008 *

2009 Dodge Ram Hemi 4x4 11,300miles- lifetime warranty
2012 Toyota FJ-500 miles
2014 Escape 21' All Season trailer

retiredtraveler

Woodstock Il --- GO HIKING!!!!

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/12 11:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SimplyRose wrote:

We have not seen the 1575 yet, but have put in a "pre-order" at the closest dealership in Illinois. can't wait until it gets here! - Rose

Me either!!! I see that Kramer's Kampers have been added back as a local dealer on the Lance website. They had been removed over the winter, and the closest dealer was up in Minnesota.

Pup: 2007 Jayco 1206 w/slide-out + shower
surge brakes, 54w solar panel
TV: 2005 Nissan Xterra 4X4, manual trans
25 years tent camping, 4000+ miles of hiking, lots of biking

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/25/12 06:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gmw photos wrote:

Hey there cpa harley ..... does Lance use aluminum wall studs and ceiling joisting like funfinder does ?

george

According to their website, it is all aluminum framed with a fiberglass roof and walls.
Barneyy

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch
2002 Ford F250 Super Duty, 7.3L PSD
Visit our website here

gmw photos

midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/12 07:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey there cpa harley ..... does Lance use aluminum wall studs and ceiling joisting like funfinder does ?

george

cpaharley2008

york,pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/25/12 06:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarneyS wrote:

gmw photos wrote:

george

According to their website, it is all aluminum framed with a fiberglass roof and walls.
Barneyy

and the floor

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> New small tt-Lance 1575
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: