RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: UPDATE YAY! got the Frig restarted!!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> UPDATE YAY! got the Frig restarted!!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
portscanner

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/11 03:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeChiOhki wrote:

I think that code is why alot of people changed over to Dino boards a while back.....

I am curious - what is a Dino board? Dinosaur?

To the OP: I have no useful suggestion. Hope you get things going right soon!

One beautiful wife, two brittney spaniels
2011 Dodge 3500 4x4 DRW Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed auto, 3.73 rear end
Torklift Stableloads, Superhitch, Torklift Tiedowns
2002 Alpenlite 1150
2005 Jeep Liberty toad w/ ReadyBrake/ReadyBrute
Web Site

Photomike

Southern Alberta or where the camper is parked!

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/11 09:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ours has been acting up lately (not cooling as well as it should be) and if it does give issues then we shut it off for a while (let cool down) and drive. So far it has cooled down with no problem when we fire it back up.

My concern is that your board has a memory and will not want to get out of the error. If you kill all power to the board it may drop the error.

2002 GMC 2500HD 4x4 4 Door
1992 Northern Lite 9'- 6" Camper with cargo trailer for hauling supplies
Advanced Elements Kayaks
Border Collie Guard Dog

Paterson Photography Web Site

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/15/11 10:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

portscanner wrote:

JoeChiOhki wrote:

I think that code is why alot of people changed over to Dino boards a while back.....

I am curious - what is a Dino board? Dinosaur?

To the OP: I have no useful suggestion. Hope you get things going right soon!

Dinosaur Electronics, they make replacement control cards for RV appliances that are more robust in their construction and less prone to problems.

When Dometic and Norcold had a rash for fridges with faulty boards, Dino boards were a more common topic here. It's been a few years since then, so folks haven't spoke of them in a while.

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

B. BOOMER

lost somewhere in america

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/11 10:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh happy day ...

Finally things are going right again (knock on wood).

Picked up the truck AGAIN this morning - after the Ford Dealer in Sonora "replaced the replacement transmission". Seems two gears were faulty in the remanufactured tranny they first installed!! Hammond Ford really came through for us - to get us back on the road - they installed TWO transmissions, a deeper bigger capacity pan, and a fan in three and a 1/2 days. (From Mon. afternoon when they got the 1st one in from Sacramento which they ordered that morning - to Thursday before closing at 5:30)

So we loaded up the camper, hitched up the Harley trailer, picked up the dog & cat from the kennel ... and are headed for home.

Now as to the "no co"/fault code problem with the frig. We stuck a bag of ice in the freezer compartment along with what we have left of the frig/freezer food. Then "shook, rattled, and rolled" down I-5 for over 3 hrs plus the two or so hours from Sonora/Jamestown to Stockton. Settled into a very nice National Forest CG WITH elect/water/some pull-thrus/& honors the old folks pass (can't believe that there are only 6 out of 30 campsites inc. us & the CG Host that are occupied for a Friday nt?! we figured it would be full by the time we pulled in after 4!)

Anyway - we made sure the camper was LEVEL - followed the instructions per ejmorgan and cleary's posts on how to do a RESET and YAY our frig is working again

A huge heartfelt thanks for the info ... AND if the TC Forum doesn't have the link in the TC library - IT DEFINITELY SHOULD BE ADDED.

It's so good to be back on the road again

Opa,
Boomer

doing a happy dance here ...

* This post was edited 09/16/11 10:52pm by B. BOOMER *

spacedoutbob

SF Bay Area

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/11 03:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm glad that everything is back to normal on your truck and camper. I'm wishing you an uneventful rest of your vacation. Except for fun, relaxation, and good times.

Bob in Oakland, Calif.

Good Sam Club Life Member

computerbug

Sarasota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/17/11 03:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great. Glad you are on the road again. Can we see the video of the happy dance.

FreeLanceing

Grand Haven Mi

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/11 06:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am glad you got your rig back and all systems are go. My biggest hassle with mine is getting that fridge to work consistently. This fall I am going with a new burner assembly and complete cleaning. The unit is sitting on the table now awaiting parts. Stepping back are you exagerating when you speak of a 45+ degree angle. I now things are not exactly flat out there but at 45 degrees unless you are parked on granite with wheels blocked you should just slide downhill untill you come to rest at a slightly less angle. Side ways you most likely would just lay over on you side due to high center of gravity. I am sure some engineer will come along and confirm or rebut this but. Picture a line drawn diagonaly across your computer screen. If you have a square screen thats 45, if its a wide screen more like 30. My fridge will not work outside 3 degrees one way and I believe 6 the other. Tween here and the black hills its hard to find a slope like that.

B. BOOMER

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/11 10:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FreeLanceing wrote:

I am glad you got your rig back and all systems are go. My biggest hassle with mine is getting that fridge to work consistently. This fall I am going with a new burner assembly and complete cleaning. The unit is sitting on the table now awaiting parts. Stepping back are you exagerating when you speak of a 45+ degree angle. I now things are not exactly flat out there but at 45 degrees unless you are parked on granite with wheels blocked you should just slide downhill untill you come to rest at a slightly less angle. Side ways you most likely would just lay over on you side due to high center of gravity. I am sure some engineer will come along and confirm or rebut this but. Picture a line drawn diagonaly across your computer screen. If you have a square screen thats 45, if its a wide screen more like 30. My fridge will not work outside 3 degrees one way and I believe 6 the other. Tween here and the black hills its hard to find a slope like that.

Okay okay ... I may have "overestimated" the slope just a wee bit

But when yall are pitched on your nose - it certainly seems like more than say a mere 7-8% grade

AND then when ya witness your tranny smokin - HOLY COW ... no doubt I've been babbling like a loon for the last few days!! (but then again some might think I'm always an airhead so it would just be "normal" for me )

But I sure am relieved that we didn't go slidin down no hill nor end up layin over on our side Just when ya think things are bad ... seems they can always be worse. Kinda puts things in proper perspective!

I did take some pixs with the cell phone - but they probably won't do the situation any justice.

However - WHOEVER layed out the Campground - must have won an award for creativity.

AGAIN - I want to thank EVERYONE for all their comments. It's times like these when you're far from home and feelin' UNSETTLED that it's so good to know that there are folks out there who UNDERSTAND ...

And all in all ... save for the $4200 repair bill plus hotel & pet boarding ... WE HAD A REALLY GREAT TIME

As Always Cheers,
Boomer

B. BOOMER

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/11 10:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

computerbug wrote:

Great. Glad you are on the road again. Can we see the video of the happy dance.

are you bringin' the snacks and beverages ...

we're runnin' a little low on supplies here

I know how the pioneers musta felt crossing the Oregon/California Trails ... when they looked in the corn barrel and all they saw were husks & weevils left

oh and bring dog treats too

Mello Mike

Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/11 06:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad everything worked out ok for you. Wish I would've opened this thread sooner as I had this exact same problem a few months ago with my Norcold N641 refrigerator in my '72 Airstream. Went through the reset procedure until I heard the "click" and voila! Works like a champ.

2011 Wolf Creek 850N/Polar Cub/240w Solar w/Morningstar SSD-25/Two 6v Lifeline AGMs
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Hellwig Big Wig/Torklift Talon Aluminum Tiedowns w/Fastguns
2011 Jeep Compass w/4x4 Package
US Navy Ret.
My Truck Camper Adventures

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> UPDATE YAY! got the Frig restarted!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts