RV.Net Open Roads Forum: What do you think about the TAB Trailer?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> What do you think about the TAB Trailer?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/11 02:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cute, overpriced, way too small. inconvenient, have to stand out in the rain to cook, I would never buy a RV without a potty.

bumpy

odie1234

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/11 03:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Where are you camping that there are bears?
We have camped all over the country for years and have yet to see a bear.

Probably not the kind the original poster is concerned about but we made 3 "camping" trips (as opposed to rv parking) this year with the grandkids, once in TN, once in FL, and once in MI. Saw bears near the campsite each time.

2007 35TSB Tiffin Allegro Bay FRED
2007 Honda CR-V

turninghawk

Ormond Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/11 03:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pethelp wrote:

skipnchar wrote:

Great replacement for a tent but not a substitute for an RV unless you're REALLY not claustrophobic

Which is one big reason that we would get one - we are afraid to tent camp because of the bears. Does anyone think it's bear-proof?

"It" is certainly more bear-proof than a tent, but that's not to say that you might look like a nice midnight snack to one as you trek to the restroom at 2 am!..............

xteacher

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/11 04:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No camper is bear proof to a determined bear. Friends of ours have a camper in Colorado on some land they own (they stay there in the summers), and one of their neighbors called and told them that a bear had ripped into their camper through a wall and trashed the camper - yikes! The repairs were not fun to make, and the neighbor had to shoot the bear to stop its rampage.

My SIL/BIL own a cabin in the N. GA mountains, and they've recently had a bear right up on their deck while they were in the house on the other side of a glass door. DH said he wouldn't be out in the woods without a gun, since they seem to be getting so bold.

Beth and Joe
3 Grown, Non-camping children
1 Future Camper - Granddaughter Alice (born 6/25/14 )
2 Camping Rescue Pups: Maddie (malti-poo/westie?) and Sunny (toy poodle)

2014 Starcraft AR-ONE 14RB
2010 Nissan Pathfinder

ata3001

Niagara Falls, NY

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/11 04:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For me it would sure beat a popup if it had a bathroom.

Ron & BJ
2008 Dutchmen Freedom Spirit FS180 (24 FT) w/full factory dark tinted glass & front window
2007 Dodge Ram 4 WD, Quad Cab, Big Horn Edition, 5.7L Hemi w/tow pkg, 3.92 LSD, Prodigy

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/11 06:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is very cute, and certainly gobs better than a tent, but at 16k that seems really, really STEEP. I paid less than that for my Jayco Jayflight that was only one year old, and it is 26 ft with all amenities.

I would not buy a camper that doesn't have a bathroom. I dont need a big camper, dont even need slides, but a bathroom to me is essential - otherwise, i'd just do a pop up or a tent. I think I heard most have a toilet, but to me, I like a 'real' bathroom with shower, commode and sink. That's one of the main reasons I wanted a TT. My prior popup without one just wasn't very convenient.

Unless someone has a motorcycle and needs a really well built tiny trailer, i would shop around for something more economical that has more features. I am not even sure if this one is light enough for a bike - that would be the only real appeal I could see to spend that kind of money for it. Yea, it is very cute and fashionable looking, but not for the price it is going for.

DesertHawk

Las Cruces, New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/11 07:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Might look at the Fun Finder TTs, such as: X-139 or a X-160 or the X-160 WB.

We have a 2005 16' Scamp Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailer
Side Dinette, Front Shower & Head and have never had any problems with being claustrophobic in it. We looked at the T@B, but without a shower & toilet, we passed. They are a Teardrop in shape, but they have a kitchen and room for a port-a-potty. A fairly large teardrop and roomy inside if I remember correctly. It depends on what you want and how good of a price you can get it for. Good luck.

Scamp TTs and Casita and the Canadian Escape and the all electric Egg Camper.

Another new make, "Lil' Snoozy"; seems to all electric as well, but a very nice design, good sized bed.

Maybe a Little Joe or Ponderosa (or even a Roughneck): Fiberglass Trailers would be large enough for your needs, they look neat, but I have not seen one in person.

If a shower is not needed, an Aliner hardsided folding Trailer might be good. We camped a week in Alaska in a rented one this summer, never worried about bears, even after we saw a couple. Chalet also makes one like the Aliner. A better made one perhaps. An Aliner owner told me so.

CampLite seems to be a neat one as well.

Small and Retro Serro Scotty. S/S

A 17' 4" travel trailer with a Queensized bed, large holding tanks and large fresh water tank Palomino Gazelle G-150. Clicky

The Dutchmen Eco 718QB seems to be a neat unit as well. Clicky

Another neat Floor Plan. The 2010 KZ Sportsmen Classic 16BH. It might be nice to have bunk beds, even for a retired couple. Floor Plan and Video

R-Pod Ultra Lite travel trailers by Forest River with 7 floorplans available; a teardrop shape. R-Pod

Teal Camper a very new lightweight, new concept camper. Teal

19'10" Bullet by Keystone seems like a neat one.

* This post was last edited 09/24/11 12:38pm by DesertHawk *   View edit history

DesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
*2015 Lance 1985~Casita de Campo~23' 4" Tongue to Bumper, Dinette Slide
160 watt Solar Panel/GoPower! Solar Controller
*2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab
Long Bed with A.R.E. Molded Fiberglass Topper
*Previously~ 2005 16' Scamp

Earthroamer82

Virginia Beach, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/11 07:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They are just a TAB bit small :-)

smkettner

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/11 07:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They seem expensive for what they are. Friend has one. They were pretty much grown out of it before their first child. I think they spent about as much as my 26' fifth wheel at the time. After we camped with them and they saw the space in ours they felt duped.

I suggest a used one at a steep discount.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675 watts solar
Send a PM if I missed something

RRUGG

Newaygo, MI,USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/11 08:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bought an Egg Camper molded fiberglass this spring. Similar to Casita & Scamp. 17 ft and has a toilet & shower. We've towed it with our Chrysler minivan and our Chevy Silverado. Both tow it well. Cost about $18000 and worth every penny.

RRUGG
2009 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 1500 4x4 5.3L
2011 Kodiak 281RLGS travel trailer
2011 Egg Camper
2010 Chrysler Town & Country
Good Sam life members
Bob & Grace professional retirees

Camped in 49 states. Missing Hawaii.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> What do you think about the TAB Trailer?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS